Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
only a few days left till i get my hands on my brand new A5 and i was thinking of using one of those special waxes to protect the colour. but a mate of mine told me that its not sane to wax a brand new car as this may damage the clearcoat gel applied at the factory. so im a bit confused. any ideas? thanks in advance

and which is the best wax in your opinion?

·
Registered
338 Posts
only a few days left till i get my hands on my brand new A5 and i was thinking of using one of those special waxes to protect the colour. but a mate of mine told me that its not sane to wax a brand new car as this may damage the clearcoat gel applied at the factory. so im a bit confused. any ideas? thanks in advance

and which is the best wax in your opinion?
I always thought it was wise not to wax after a new paint job for about 30 days or so but since your car would have been painted more than 30 days before delivery you should be ok. Personally, Swissvax is what I use and is very nice indeed but there are others that are good as well.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I always thought it was wise not to wax after a new paint job for about 30 days or so but since your car would have been painted more than 30 days before delivery you should be ok. Personally, Swissvax is what I use and is very nice indeed but there are others that are good as well.
swissvax is good but ridiculously expensive...... check out detailersdomain.com they have some good stuff

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I have used Mer and AutoGlym products with some success and they are cheap.

MAke sure you buy some Tippex too for your Ibis White Motor:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Meguires Gold Class all the way. I switched from Zymol and Swissvax and will never look back. Just wash with Gold Class Car shampoo ( Wash mit and waffle drying cloths) It will be ok to wax your car now, but if you choose a polish as opposed to a quality wax then be careful it doesn't have any mild abrasives in it. Speaking as an OCD Phantom Black owner who can't live with polish swirls or anything less than a showroom mint car you can trust me on this one !! :thumbsup: Congrats on new car too...

·
Registered
196 Posts
For those of us in the U.S., the Tippex RGB is referring to we know as White-Out (correction fluid) used in the good old days of typewriters!! I guess he is just jealous that he does not have an Ibis White 5 series. (Just kidding!! I don't want to get into a verbal war!!:2thumbsup:)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
For those of us in the U.S., the Tippex RGB is referring to we know as White-Out (correction fluid) used in the good old days of typewriters!! I guess he is just jealous that he does not have an Ibis White 5 series. (Just kidding!! I don't want to get into a verbal war!!:2thumbsup:)
Thanks for the clarification! I gave up white cars in the 80's, they don't do much for me these days but I have to admit the White A5/S5 looks OKish but even better in Phantom Black. No need for Tippex, a bit of Black boot polish suffices!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
307 Posts
I use strictly only Wolfgang detailing stuff. I am seriously to OCD to use any over the counter stuff. Check autogeek.net they always have good deals and nice write ups on how to properly clean your car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I have used Mer and AutoGlym products with some success and they are cheap.

MAke sure you buy some Tippex too for your Ibis White Motor:thumbsup:
thats the best comment i ve read in the whole forum mate....... tippex lol:laughinatabove:

thanks for the tip(pex)

·
Registered
2 Posts
i guys i wanna share my experience of using wax it was awesome. but i read new thing recently so that think i share with you hybrid wax sealant tell me about it review it. i read this Your Auto Master article. thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts