Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone experiencing sharp heel marks in the drivers mat, I had to buy new ones partly because of this and the fact they were grey (showed the dirt) but the new ones after a couple of weeks have gone the same. They are not audi but do have a double layer for the heel.
Question is it the angle we drive at with the very edge of the heel sticking into the mat?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I did 6000 miles on the standard mats with little or no marks showing the heel. I have only done about 800 miles on the autostyle replacement mats (see group buys section) which has a double mat (there is a metal plate option for those that are heavy footed) and no indication of any marking.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Time to swap those stilletos for mocassins :D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
My driver's side mat is starting to show wear after only 2,200 miles. :( It's in the spot where the heel of my shoe rests. (I have a Tiptronic, so only the right foot controlling the brake and gas pedal gets moved around...swivels back and forth actually.) While I don't have any distinct heel marks, the carpeting is noticeably thinner in that particular spot. I was quite disappointed to discover this after such a short amount of time owning the car.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My driver's side mat is starting to show wear after only 2,200 miles. :( It's in the spot where the heel of my shoe rests. (I have a Tiptronic, so only the right foot controlling the brake and gas pedal gets moved around...swivels back and forth actually.) While I don't have any distinct heel marks, the carpeting is noticeably thinner in that particular spot. I was quite disappointed to discover this after such a short amount of time owning the car.
Yep my experience exactly ...........it must be the angle our legs are at to depress the accelerator, gonna bring mine back to dealer see what happens.will post with response

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
225 Posts
official Audi mats for my RS4 were £355!!:eek: Autostyle £60 :confused:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
You spend a load on lowering, spacers and fog lights yet you think £60 on autostyle mats are expensive, strange. Just so you know, you do get mats for both front and back, with embroidered S5/A5 logos and heal pad replacments once worn out for i think £5. Seems a good deal to me, especially thanks to the group buys.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
You spend a load on lowering, spacers and fog lights yet you think £60 on autostyle mats are expensive, strange. Just so you know, you do get mats for both front and back, with embroidered S5/A5 logos and heal pad replacments once worn out for i think £5. Seems a good deal to me, especially thanks to the group buys.
All A5 models have the following items of standard equipment: Front and rear floor mats, your price comparison is ???????????????????

And a what you consider to be a good deal to you effects me how??

FYI I just bought a second set of NON AUDI A5 floor mats £20 + (with a heal pad) now you tell me embroidering 2 letters is worth £40 and replacing a heel pad what is that about ........a new section of carpet on an old mat and the PP involved .. and why would a heel pad wear out ? poor quality ??

Don't have a go about about what I spend and on what.......... life's about opinions yours and mine and we're both entitled

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Against Audi mats... Too expensive.... You can't be serious???? :eek:
All A5 models have the following items of standard equipment: Front and rear floor mats:):D

·
Registered
225 Posts
All A5 models have the following items of standard equipment: Front and rear floor mats, your price comparison is ???????????????????

FYI I just bought a second set of NON AUDI A5 floor mats £20 + (with a heal pad) now you tell me embroidering 2 letters is worth £40 and replacing a heel pad what is that about ........a new section of carpet on an old mat and the PP involved .. and why would a heel pad wear out ? poor quality ??

Don't have a go about about what I spend and on what.......... life's about opinions yours and mine and we're both entitled

I dont think anyone was having a go at you, no need to get so sensitive:(

£60 compared to free is expensive, however the comparison being made was between official Audi mats and those available from an alternative supplier.. My RS4 came with 'free' mats front and rear, however if I wanted branded mats with a logo and contrasting piping they were £355 that compared to the virtually exact same mats for £60 was bloody expensive!

The heel plate issue is as already mentioned in this thread, most mats wear at the point where your heel is constantly rubbing at the pedals, quite often the rest of the mat is almost as new, the heel pad can be replaced for the sum of £5 thus breathing new life into what looked like a worn drivers side mat without having to pay out for a complete set... no one is forcing you to accept this or even read the thread, everyone offering advice to all forum users in general....

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The autostyle mats are a great improvement over the stock mats and I would have to guess that they would be a great improvement over £20 generic mats. You do generally get what you pay for.

I dont think any of us that have bought the autostyle mats so far are at all unhappy with them or critical of the price given the quality.

If you are happy with your generic £20 mats A5S5 then good for you but you yourself said that you have worn out the audi mats and have worn out a second generic one very quickly. At that rate, the £20 mats are going to cost you far more than the autostyle ones.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts

Wow! Sorry I think you took my post the wrong way, I never meant to make it sound like I was having a go. Was mearly voicing my opinion and just found it strange that you would be willing to spend money on the exterior styling and yet not see the apeal of the S5/A5 embroidered logos. Sorry

·
Registered
216 Posts
I dont think any of us that have bought the autostyle mats so far are at all unhappy with them or critical of the price given the quality.

+1

Very happy with mine. They compliment other aspects of the car very well and the quality certainly seems at least as good as the standard ones.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
+1

Very happy with mine. They compliment other aspects of the car very well and the quality certainly seems at least as good as the standard ones.
Autostyle why are you on this forum? Is there not strict rules about sellers??

I repeat again life is about opinions mine as well as yours, your mats may be made from Persian wool or u use axminster carpet i don't know but they are not and never will be AUDI.

I see no difference from yours and the ones I bought at £20 quid and like you I hav'nt compared them but I am happy with what I bought and I am not unlike you selling them to anyone else so I do not have a vested interest and the quality is comparible with the OEM ones and anyhow IMO letters on a mat like quattro and A5 are naff and CHEAP looking especially when you can't even use the Audi logo.

You are on this forum for one reason to sell mats...............that says it all.

Oh and the above quote from Manor 50 does not sound like an endorsement.

and may i take this opportunity to ask all the Autstyle salesmen who have contributed to this thread to read what it was about in the first place...... the angle of our right heel or left as it sits on the AUDI mat leaving an indentation.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Autostyle why are you on this forum? Is there not strict rules about sellers??

I repeat again life is about opinions mine as well as yours, your mats may be made from Persian wool or u use axminster carpet i don't know but they are not and never will be AUDI.

I see no difference from yours and the ones I bought at £20 quid and like you I hav'nt compared them but I am happy with what I bought and I am not unlike you selling them to anyone else so I do not have a vested interest and the quality is comparible with the OEM ones and anyhow IMO letters on a mat like quattro and A5 are naff and CHEAP looking especially when you can't even use the Audi logo.

You are on this forum for one reason to sell mats...............that says it all.

Oh and the above quote from Manor 50 does not sound like an endorsement.

and may i take this opportunity to ask all the Autstyle salesmen who have contributed to this thread to read what it was about in the first place...... the angle of our right heel or left as it sits on the AUDI mat leaving an indentation.
Why am on this forum; to help out members as we were contacted about providing discounts adn group buys. When the community proves large enough the intention is to provide forum sponsorship and a better discount scheme.

If you're happy with your mats then that's great. As you said we're all entitled to our opinions, to buy what we want, and make our own choices....

Why did I participate in this thread; because it was about car mats and how the OEM's don't last well. All I've done otherwise is point out the pro's of our product as you indicated they were too expensive and comparbale with a cheaper economy set.

There has been no ill intent behind anything I think anyone has said, and it's not been aimed to have a go at anything. :D

But, going RIGHT back to the beginning and your issue with dents in the carpet; try and add a very thin piece of foam underneath your mat. The small amount of extra cushioning can stop a lot of the indentation in carpet. It doesn't always work; but it can help ;)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
They are better than Audi ones. Exact fit, uses the same fitting holes, choice of colours and trim and choice of heel plates. Even a metal plate option for those with heavy feet.

I see no difference from yours and the ones I bought at £20 quid and like you I hav'nt compared them but I am happy with what I boughtd
Perhaps the biggest difference is that you have worn out the Audi ones and your second set. How can you be happy with that £20 set that wore out so quickly?

and anyhow IMO letters on a mat like quattro and A5 are naff and CHEAP looking especially when you can't even use the Audi logo.
No-one says you have to get the S5 Logo or lettering. Its an option. Its nice that the choice is there.

and may i take this opportunity to ask all the Autstyle salesmen who have contributed to this thread to read what it was about in the first place
May I remind you of what you said in the first post when you said you have gone through two sets already. So, why are you singing the praises of the £20 budget option?

A5S5, you seem to have an issue with this which is daft considering your problems. A lot of the forum members have taken advantage of the bulk buy to get the autostyle mats and there has not been one complaint. Surely the opinions of those that have bought the mats is valid and they are a possible solution to your problem (especially the metal heel mat version). No-one says you have to buy them but your attitude on this stinks.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Well said Doubledoom, think this thread is in danger of boiling over. I have an issue with non gen stuff on my car but I've got some Autostyle mats coming and if they wear out after a few thousand miles, I'll just replace them...Believe me you can't get decent carpet mats for £20...I should know, I'm a car dealer ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Seems to me that NormanF (or H or whatever he calls himself) is alive and whingeing again:rolleyes:

Ho hum:)

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They are better than Audi ones. Exact fit, uses the same fitting holes, choice of colours and trim and choice of heel plates. Even a metal plate option for those with heavy feet.

Perhaps the biggest difference is that you have worn out the Audi ones and your second set. How can you be happy with that £20 set that wore out so quickly?

No-one says you have to get the S5 Logo or lettering. Its an option. Its nice that the choice is there.

May I remind you of what you said in the first post when you said you have gone through two sets already. So, why are you singing the praises of the £20 budget option?

A5S5, you seem to have an issue with this which is daft considering your problems. A lot of the forum members have taken advantage of the bulk buy to get the autostyle mats and there has not been one complaint. Surely the opinions of those that have bought the mats is valid and they are a possible solution to your problem (especially the metal heel mat version). No-one says you have to buy them but your attitude on this stinks.
Anyone experiencing sharp heel marks in the drivers mat, I had to buy new ones partly because of this and the fact they were grey (showed the dirt) but the new ones after a couple of weeks have gone the same. They are not audi but do have a double layer for the heel.
Question is it the angle we drive at with the very edge of the heel sticking into the mat?

Where in the above post does it say they have worn out? it says there are heel indentations I changed them partly because they were grey and showed the dirt and the new ones with a heel pad are showing the same heel indentation NOT WORN OUT . I asked if anyone else was experiencing the same problem and i get hit from all sides by mat salesmen and guys with issues i don't need this> Please engage brains before keyboard if you are not experiencing heel indentations move on and rain on another thread.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.