Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Got a real problem where I'm staying, it's in the centre of town and I've got Steven seagulls everywhere.... so needless to say my car gets shat on, on a daily basis! It's driving me insane and keeping the car clean is costing me a fortune!

So..... I've looked at my opinions and basically the best one for me as I won't be at this locations to much longer is a car cover

Anyone get any suggestions and good ones?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
714 Posts
Just a thought... what are you going to do with the cover when you go for a drive? Do you have a way to hose it off before you put it away?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I live in a seaside town & use a Halfords one:- Halfords Advanced All Seasons Car C...

Generally I find they last around 18 months or so before they start to leave a white dusty residue & it's time to buy a new one, which I guess is about what you're looking for.
It comes with a bag that you can put it in when not in use too :thumbsup:

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in a seaside town & use a Halfords one:- Halfords Advanced All Seasons Car C...

Generally I find they last around 18 months or so before they start to leave a white dusty residue & it's time to buy a new one, which I guess is about what you're looking for.
It comes with a bag that you can put it in when not in use too :thumbsup:
A lot of bad reviews on the Halfords website about this car not being waterproof

You had any issues with it mate?

·
Registered
61 Posts
A lot of bad reviews on the Halfords website about this car not being waterproof

You had any issues with it mate?
Mine can be left for a week or so undercover, anytime of the year torrential rain or blazing summer sun & always looks as good as when it was covered up.
Occasionally I've had to take it off when it's been raining & not noticed the car being ringing wet.

I guess being 'breatheable' it'd be difficult to make it 100% waterproof.

Besides, it's seems to do ok in the latest Autoexpress review:-

Best outdoor car covers 2017 | Auto Express

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good enough for me bud

Managed to get a second hand one, the guy has used it once, I actually know him so know he's not lying, it's the exact same Halfords one for £60, he gave me it for £20!! Steal!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Good enough for me bud

Managed to get a second hand one, the guy has used it once, I actually know him so know he's not lying, it's the exact same Halfords one for £60, he gave me it for £20!! Steal!!
Good result & at that price you can't go wrong really :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your car is a huge investment. You, therefore, have to put in some work and money into protecting it and ensuring that it can serve you for the most extended period. Excellent maintenance and care are equivalent to a more extended serving vehicle, and while there is a lot you can do to keep your car safe, the first and most crucial step is protecting it from the day to day harsh elements. i forund a website here you can chose best best waterproof car cover, Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
I am lucky and I now have a large double garage so I can keep the car plus van plus Quad plus some motorbikes so I just use an old cotton sheet over the bikes to keep the dust off.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am lucky and I now have a large double garage so I can keep the car plus van plus Quad plus some motorbikes so I just use an old cotton sheet over the bikes to keep the dust off.....
Your native American name is "Man with Many Toys" The one who dies with the most toys wins

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Your native American name is "Man with Many Toys" The one who dies with the most toys wins
Indeed.......and you know why....cos when my Dad was taken very ill with a tumour, he made me purchase a Land Rover Discovery that he had wanted for years, I drove it for him and then we sold it with all of 700 Miles on the clock (after his death) and he asked me several times "what the hell was I waiting for".....so now what the hell is my motto......bring on the toys!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
How do you ensure that your car stays in good condition all the time? The secret is buying the best car covers on the market. Having a car cover is vital especially if you do not have a garage. It protects your car from dings, dents, scratches and hazardous weather condition. For the best protection, you should look for a car cover that fits properly.

For most people, buying a car cover can be a tough job. How do you know which type of car cover is suitable for you? What are some of the most important things that you should have in mind when you are buying a car cover? Visit for more details:cover/s for car

1 - 19 of 19 Posts