Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I know it came out of build last Thursday but Audi (well Peterborough branch) have no idea where it is now as the SYSTEM has not been updated :(.
The man says it will be here this week :D but will it? Will it be here in time for the APS meet Saturday or will I have to go in the borrowed A6? Ohhhhhhhhhhh its so exciting :eek:
Its nice to know that it might be delivered this week but WHEN..
We could start a small book to see at what time of what day I will get the call to inform me its here (for fun), just to add to my excitement.:D

Im going for 1.15 Thursday noon to collect Friday:)

· Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Well, if it's probably just reached the port, it will still have to be transported to Peterborough Audi, then get PDI'd, and then get registered with the DVLA.

I seriously doubt it will be this week. End of next week or the following week if it's just came out of production. If you do get it next week i'd call that a good service.

· Registered
1,239 Posts
They dont know where it is?!!? Doesnt sound too good, i'd want them to be PDI'ing it yesterday. Have they said how long the PDI, registration and other prep work will take? Can they not prepare any of it ready for arrival to speed the process up as much as possible?

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The man reckons turn the car round in a day and half and that is due to the tracker being fitted. I am getting used to the A6 now :D. Will try to get deal with him if the car isnt ready Friday then I have the RS6 for the weekend: eek:

· Registered
1,239 Posts
Heh yeh was beautiful day last saturday, thought I would get my fix for this weeks wait :)
Always get some dodgy looks when ever I pull up there, as I usually stop by on the way back from playing football so I'm all sweaty and taking photos of all the nice cars, doesnt help Im 23 and have dreadlocks (you wont be the only one easy to spot). They had the new TTS in there aswell, looks very nice.
Im going try and get there early, If Ed and the guys there have time id like to see what the spacers look like without the drop, Im personally not that keen on the 1inch drop I think its a little too much.

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The meaning of....

After many hours of trawling the internet I have managed to find the ultimate translation of 'Vorsprung durch Technik'...and it is and this is word for word..

'We at Audi lie like f*ck about your cars so please just keep ringing us and we will fob you off with some shit'

Yesssss you guessed it the car will NOT be here this week, nor next week, and unlikely the week after due to severe backlogs at the factory!! Not bad being as it was on the boat last f*cking week. It looks like they found the fat lady in it and decided to pull her and the car off the boat.

Part of coversation..

Mr Panther(me):D "But it is at least built isnt it?"
Mr Audi "er..."
Mr Panther "er ? not the most convincing way to start the answer"
Mr Audi " Of course it is built"

So I am going in tomorrow to see what solution they are going to offer me. I am currently in a A6 2.0TDI be interesting to see what they come up with, bearing in mind that I am on the verge of pulling 1 x S5 and 2 x A3's from them.

Not pleased at all. :mad: :mad:

· Registered
2,046 Posts
After many hours of trawling the internet I have managed to find the ultimate translation of 'Vorsprung durch Technik'...and it is and this is word for word..

'We at Audi lie like f*ck about your cars so please just keep ringing us and we will fob you off with some shit'

Yesssss you guessed it the car will NOT be here this week, nor next week, and unlikely the week after due to severe backlogs at the factory!! Not bad being as it was on the boat last f*cking week. It looks like they found the fat lady in it and decided to pull her and the car off the boat.

Part of coversation..

Mr Panther(me):D "But it is at least built isnt it?"
Mr Audi "er..."
Mr Panther "er ? not the most convincing way to start the answer"
Mr Audi " Of course it is built"

So I am going in tomorrow to see what solution they are going to offer me. I am currently in a A6 2.0TDI be interesting to see what they come up with, bearing in mind that I am on the verge of pulling 1 x S5 and 2 x A3's from them.

Not pleased at all. :mad: :mad:
'
Dude, that's apauling, although I'm not surprised from the team at Peterborough Audi. I really do recommend to others to buy elsewhere! I'm sorry they're ruining the experience.

Kick the F'ers into shape tomorrow and make it clear it's their last chance to get it right. They obviously do not think that accurate information is important and have that arrogant attitude that you should be grateful to them for ordering your car and happy that it is arriving at all.

...Get some free servicing or sommat out of this (if you want to have it serviced there).

:mad: Mad at Peterborough audi too.

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I now know why it wasnt on the boat last week... They havent even built the f*uckin thing. Dear oh dear what could I say it now appears that he meant build this week all along :eek:

'Yes of course I am going to book a day of work and come down on Wednesday, as we agreed last week to have a coffee with you and you can tell me my car has been built! '

Well half way throught the proceedings I noticed that the showroom had half a dozen customers now in it, so I decided to raise my voice a tad to tell them how dissapointed in Audi I was and how I have badly I have been treated etc etc the look on 3 of the sales guys faces was priceless.

I have kept the order in for the time being but made it perfectly clear that if I have call Audi once re this car I will pull the order and I best get plenty of freebies when I pick up S5 or the A3's get pulled.

Any how the clock is now ticking again so it is looking like end of this month now :( but at least I know where it is for real this time. Still not happy though:mad:.

Didnt quite manage the RS6 whilst I wait I have instead 2.0TDI A6 S-Line.

To sum up whole experience so far TOTAL PANTS

· Registered
373 Posts
Not good at all Panther but at least you can join me in upgrading your S5 at APS sometime next month :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.