Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called in to my dealer today and chose the reg number from a list of 7 he had available. He said the car should be arriving with them late this afternoon or possibly tomorrow.

However...

I'm off on my Christmas hols from this afternoon, and won't be back until New Year's day, so can't get the car until 2 Jan.

Never mind, at least it's here and it'll be a nice new year's present to myself!

The dealer had a lovely Aruba Blue 3.0 TDi with 19" wheels round the back of the showroom waiting for delivery - beginning to wonder whether I did the right thing with Phantom Black?? A bit late now though..!

Just got to sort out the finance/insurance/GAP now...

I tried to apply for a Capital One credit card as they're offering 4% cashback on new cards, so that would be £400 back from my £10k deposit. But having applied mid-November and then chased them repeatedly, they've only just sent out the application form to be signed:mad: , won't offer more than £4k credit limit :mad: :mad: and can't even get me the card before 2 Jan anyway, so it's useless:mad: :mad: :mad: I've cancelled it and told them where to stick it! Rubbish company! I'll just have to load it onto my existing egg card, but I don't get anything back from that.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
247 Posts
hey at least you will be an owner finally right?;)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, can't wipe the grin off my face, and scr*w Capital One - who needs them?

Lots of sleepless nights over Christmas though, not able to sleep with anticipation. It's like the run-up to Christmas when you were 5!!!:D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Congrats, Scratch! You most certainly will NOT regret Phantom Black over Aruba Blue! Looks like you last had blue...change is good!

Nice try on the cash back!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats, Scratch! You most certainly will NOT regret Phantom Black over Aruba Blue! Looks like you last had blue...change is good!

Nice try on the cash back!
Yep, last car (the S4) was Nogaro Blue - rather bright really, and the one before that (the A4 2.8 Quattro) was Azure Blue, which I thought was a lovely colour - in the sun when clean it had a slight purple hue from the metallic flakes.

But you're right houseofg, a change is good - as I keep telling my wife, "Don't fear the change!"

·
Registered
68 Posts
picked up our car last night ,was worried about colour too,but when we saw the car knew it was definatley right colour- s5 phantom black,got to be the best colour to suit the car.looks great and sounds even better.!:D :D :D

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
picked up our car last night ,was worried about colour too,but when we saw the car knew it was definatley right colour- s5 phantom black,got to be the best colour to suit the car.looks great and sounds even better.!:D :D :D
Nice one, now u just need to get a few pics up for us.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Pics please :)

Congrats Scratch, nice to know its ready and waiting for you :)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I tried to apply for a Capital One credit card as they're offering 4% cashback on new cards, so that would be £400 back from my £10k deposit. But having applied mid-November and then chased them repeatedly, they've only just sent out the application form to be signed:mad: , won't offer more than £4k credit limit :mad: :mad: and can't even get me the card before 2 Jan anyway, so it's useless. I've cancelled it and told them where to stick it! Rubbish company! I'll just have to load it onto my existing egg card, but I don't get anything back from that.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
...You may find your dealer chareges 3% if you use a credit card... therefore transfer the deposit to your current account first and use a debit card to avoid charges! :D

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
...You may find your dealer chareges 3% if you use a credit card... therefore transfer the deposit to your current account first and use a debit card to avoid charges! :D
I'll check this out with them - seems pretty steep to me as they don't add anything on if I pay my servicing by credit card. My last bill from them was for over £700 and they didn't add any charge for using a credit card...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts