Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A5 1.8 TFSi sport. Collected last wednesday afternoon. Oh my god !!!! its much better than I remembered from the test dirve.
Everybody thinks it looks stunning. I was a little worried about the performance compared the the 3.0 deisel. No worries there then ! It pulls really strong from very low revs and I aint even trying. Cant wait until its run in. Ride and handling are fantastic considering its on 19" wheels
Steve :) :) :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Congrats on the new arrival. Our cars were probably buddies on the boat over from Germany as I got mine on friday.

I've posted a bit already about my first impressions of the 1.8T so won't duplicate here but like you I'm finding it's so much better than I expected. Had the windows down on Saturday and was really surprised with the engine note - sounds great to me (but then again I'm so used to the chug chug of my old diesel A3).

Inside the cabin is sublime - so quiet apart from the odd bit of rumble from the 18" wheels on certain surfaces. I suspect you notice this with the 19"s?

Given what I've found with the 1.8T I'm kind of in awe as to what the 3.0TDi and S5 must be like.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats on the cars fellas. Im picking mine up on friday morning all going well. I've never wanted a week to go by so much in my life. I keep looking at my watch but no, its still not friday, damb!

·
Registered
714 Posts
omaha I'll go outside and have a sit in mine for ya right now :) this one's for you, man.

Only joking ... going to try out MP3 CDs and SDs and take some inside pics. So many toys to play with. Just found that the MMI display turns into a CD control and that there are further options in the MMI for the climate control ... and there's a first aid bag in the rear armrest and and and ... oh I'm just gonna explode with all this stuff!

I'd only read the main car manual and now I find the manual for the Chorus unit has a whole load more detail. Yay!

Oh, and my kids have elevated me back to the status of superdad again 'cos they just love the car. My 4 year old won't get in without his Power Rangers sunglasses on 'cos he's got to look cool.

EDIT

And what I really meant to say was you've less than a working week to wait, it'll go in no time. Good luck!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ouch Tuff, words hurt you know! (struts off)
Not too long for me now i suppose, then i can get working on my ass groove in my new seat, how is yours coming along?:)

Speary, get some pics up of your car lad, would love to have a look, best of luck with it!!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Is It Tomorrow, Then?

@ Omaha

Fingers crossed ... is tomorrow the magic day for you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.