Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone help me locate the canbus socket on my A5 pls ?

Rosstech indicates "under dash" and I can feel a rectangular piece in line with a behind the steering column. But if it is a cover, I can't see/feel how to remove it.

Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
There is no cover. It's purple-ish and located right above the dead pedal. You can't miss it. (See attached photo.)

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that - delayed baldness from serious head scratching !

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sockets

must be a difference between EU and US spec cars but there is nothing above the dead pedal on the drivers side or in the corresponding location on the passengers side. I tried gently to remove the whole pedal but was in fear of breaking the pastic.

I believe that in the EU at least the socket has to be within 300mm of the steering wheel too.

Still looking.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
must be a difference between EU and US spec cars but there is nothing above the dead pedal on the drivers side or in the corresponding location on the passengers side. I tried gently to remove the whole pedal but was in fear of breaking the pastic.

I believe that in the EU at least the socket has to be within 300mm of the steering wheel too.

Still looking.

I went out to the car there and took a photo...

It's pretty easy to find. Just above the accelerator pedal.

Rab.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ho hum

well I'll have to take myself off to the opticians !

Thanks Rab - twas indeed as stated and I suppose logical too for the switch from L to RHD too.

A cheap scanner showed two faults. I won't get my new canbus cable till May
and so I think it is back to the stealers to get them identified - beginning to suspect and aerial amp for the radio poor reception.

Thanks again

Ian

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
well I'll have to take myself off to the opticians !

Thanks Rab - twas indeed as stated and I suppose logical too for the switch from L to RHD too.

A cheap scanner showed two faults. I won't get my new canbus cable till May
and so I think it is back to the stealers to get them identified - beginning to suspect and aerial amp for the radio poor reception.

Thanks again

Ian

Ian, what problems do you have at the moment?

P.s. I'd recommend booking your car into Ayr Audi. Glasgow are booked out for almost the next 2 weeks. Ayr can get a car in within 2 days.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fault codes

Rab

Not aware of any faults apart from the radio reception being poor and so was suggested to scan for faulty aerial amps. I have a non can bus Ross Tech vagcom lead and wonder if it will pick up anything at all ? or do I run the risk of blowing the lead up I wonder ?

The cheap scanner I borrowed does not give any detail info otherthan faults = 2, pend = 2 , n/a 01/04.

Stirling are actually nearest to me and seem fairly helpful.
Ian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.