Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you please post pictures of your keyholder?
I have my car since 25th July and still dont have a keyholder. The one that the dealer gave me doesnt fit the key well and have nothing sporty in it.

Was wondering if there are any S5 or S or something better than the similiar "Audi" keyholders.

thx in advance

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Keyholder?? whats this?? please post a pic so i know what im looking for

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what i call keyholder... I may be wrong :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
ah i never got a keyring :(

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Here's the one my dealer gave me. I don't use it though. I keep all my other keys on a separate keyring.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
I don't use one...mainly because I don't keep my A5 key with my other keys. Since I'm not constantly pulling it out of my pocket (advanced key option) it's nice to have nothing but the smooth-sided Audi key in my pocket. Less weight, less noise, fewer bumps. Of course, since I never have my house key on me, that means that I really trust my garage door opener to work. I did get stuck outside for a bit when I came home during a power outage. I guess I could keep a house key in my car somewhere.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I don't use one...mainly because I don't keep my A5 key with my other keys. Since I'm not constantly pulling it out of my pocket (advanced key option) it's nice to have nothing but the smooth-sided Audi key in my pocket. Less weight, less noise, fewer bumps. Of course, since I never have my house key on me, that means that I really trust my garage door opener to work. I did get stuck outside for a bit when I came home during a power outage. I guess I could keep a house key in my car somewhere.
I guess it would be public knowledge now, but the best place is to remove your rear license plate, drop the house key in between the plate and the holder and screw it back on. You will always have it when you need it and it won't clutter up your in car storage bins...

·
Registered
750 Posts
keep mine solo in my pocket (no ring), other keys are separate on their own ring also in pocket. I'm super-d-duper lazy though, I just don't like taking the key in and out of my pocket...or checking my tire pressure (right Dave..hehe..just kidding).
:D

·
Registered
415 Posts
I guess it would be public knowledge now, but the best place is to remove your rear license plate, drop the house key in between the plate and the holder and screw it back on. You will always have it when you need it and it won't clutter up your in car storage bins...
But then wouldn't I need to keep a Torx screwdriver in the car at all times? I think in that case you're traded one piece of clutter for another.

·
Registered
479 Posts
This is what i call keyholder... I may be wrong :)
That's the keyring I want. The demo car I drove had that one and I liked it. I think they are £30 ish in the UK. Will buy one and the Ipod cable for the AMI if I can't get them as a freebie on the day I collect my car.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am asking about what keyrings u are using because I have and a 2nd remote (for the stationary warming) and it sux keeping 2 remotes in ur pocket... And thats why I keep the one for the warming in the car.

Arent there no S5 keyring or something like that?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Here's one of a pair given to me at the factory when collecting.

Actually, I don't use any keyring for the car key, it's big enough not to lose!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Another dealer free-be!
Key Lock Tool Padlock

·
Registered
441 Posts
O.K. I'm a little jealous now

Here's the one my dealer gave me. I don't use it though. I keep all my other keys on a separate keyring.
Have I been gone so long that TX has an S5 now?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sapper424, why u have a panic button and I dont? :p

·
Registered
415 Posts
Actually, that happens to all A5s after a while. They age like a fine wine, and one day you step outside and *poof*.... S5.

Based on TX's timeline, I figure mine will metamorphosize any day now.

::waits::

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
LOL! Yeah sapper, I just picked one up last week. I got fed up with my VERY high maintenance Brilliant Black paint and didn't want to deal with it anymore. It was just killing me how much time I was spending keeping it clean. So, I decided to purchase a different color. I happened to get lucky and be in the right place at the right time when an S5 buyer had backed out of their order for a car that had just been delivered.

·
Registered
162 Posts
LOL! Yeah sapper, I just picked one up last week. I got fed up with my VERY high maintenance Brilliant Black paint and didn't want to deal with it anymore. It was just killing me how much time I was spending keeping it clean. So, I decided to purchase a different color. I happened to get lucky and be in the right place at the right time when an S5 buyer had backed out of their order for a car that had just been delivered.
Congrats! You must have been very happy to take over that delivery :D

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts after you've driven it for a while, esp in comparison to your old 3.2

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Congrats! You must have been very happy to take over that delivery :D

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts after you've driven it for a while, esp in comparison to your old 3.2
Thanks! Yeah, "very happy" is an understatement. :D Hehe.

I plan to write a review/comparison between the S5 and the A5 3.2 at some point in the near future. I was just talking to ccompton about that the other day. Since I owned an A5 for 6 months, I'm probably the most qualified person on here to write a review comparing the two cars.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts