Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mine was May when ordered in early Feb. Just found out Friday that build & delivery now March.:) (Sorry to all you guys stateside who seem to be having to wait forever).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine shall be delivered late march when my current contract hire finishes, all being well.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Myself and the girlfriend both pick up our A5s next Saturday (1st March) :)

Still not sure why I've got the slower one :confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine starts being built next week (wk 9)so hopefully should have it 22/23March

·
Registered
46 Posts
Build scheduled for Week 9, so hoping to take delivery end of March :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
The proud and happy owner!

Sorry to inform you anxious Audifiles, but I took delivery on my silver A5 with all the icing on Monday, February 18, 2008 and boy, do I love it. Well, sort of. I didn't get the A6 because my wife said I didn't need any more speeding tickets. (I only need tickets in 29 more states before I have a speeding ticket in all fifty states.)
I am a proponent of breaking in a car the old fashion way by varying the speed from 40 to 30 over and over again as many times as possible, then moving up to 50 to 40 and so on. "Running in" as they call it in Europe. Drives my wife crazy. So you can imagine how anxious I am to "drive" it.
I have driven it deep into a few 90 degree corners and felt quite secure with the handling. In the case of learning how to manage the electronics on this beauty, much like those that come with other cars, the owner's manual stinks. I have found a few directions that won't work and a couple of illustrations which are not of my dashboard. Frustrating, but I will live with it.
Good luck with your waits. I don't know if this was the reason for the early delivery, but I visited my salesman many times a week and asked when the diesel will be available and hinted that the wait until April is too long and maybe I will think of something else I need more that an Audi.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Congrats, Quickag! Sounds like you are of course in the U.S., but could you add your location to your profile? Sounds like you'll have more to contribute! For instance, can you expand on your approach to breaking in (perhaps in a new thread, which would be really useful if everyone contributed)? Seems to be the stuff of lore and legend without an accepted single approach!

·
Registered
106 Posts
To: Houseofg.
Well if I could find the Profile section of this website, I would certainly use it. I'm in Tonto Verde, Arizona which is about 45 miles from downtown Phoenix. I don't know what else the Profile asks.
As to your suggetion of starting a new thread on "running in", that I will do.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To: Houseofg.
Well if I could find the Profile section of this website, I would certainly use it. I'm in Tonto Verde, Arizona which is about 45 miles from downtown Phoenix. I don't know what else the Profile asks.
As to your suggetion of starting a new thread on "running in", that I will do.
Press the USER TAB at the top on the sheet and then hit the profile link.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
anyone had an expected delivery on a 3.0tdi that ordered this year?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am hopeful that I will be able to collect om March 1st, but my car was due at the dealer on Friday 22nd, but was still showing as "In transit" last I heard.

Just sorting out my music for the first ride. I have planned firstly to have Joe Bonamassa's Tea for One off the You & Me album. Best blues guitar epic I have heard for ages.

After that, who know's? But it will be either Led Zep or Beethoven. Can't decide which will come first.

After that,

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.