Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
I couldn't find an option to do this in MMI.

Absolutely not through MMI, but you *may* be able to change some settings using a VAG-COM.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Can anybody with VAG-COM confirm?
I think its possible because sometimes after I have been in reverse, the camera stays on for a good 10 secs before it switches back, even when I'm already going in 1rst Gear..

·
Registered
58 Posts
You can turn the rear camera on as long as speed is low (less than 15km/hr I believe).

Just put the parking sensors on, and press the bottom right hand "tab" under the dial. It works at traffic lights or when moving slowly even forward.

This is for a RHD vehicle... I suggest however it should be the same in LHD.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Just put the parking sensors on, and press the bottom right hand "tab" under the dial. It works at traffic lights or when moving slowly even forward.
We don't have any option to turn the parking sensors on in the US. FYI, US spec A5/S5's don't get front parking sensors like some other countries do. :(

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I think its possible because sometimes after I have been in reverse, the camera stays on for a good 10 secs before it switches back, even when I'm already going in 1rst Gear..
It remains on below 5 mph in case you are parallel parking etc. This way the camera does not keep switching views everytime you engage 1st gear. If you hit 5 mph, it assumes that you are not going to switch back into reverse again and goes back into map mode or whatever your last mode was......:)

·
Registered
436 Posts
We don't have any option to turn the parking sensors on in the US. FYI, US spec A5/S5's don't get front parking sensors like some other countries do. :(
This erks me to no end... Holding back on me are you Audi... Well.. :furious2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts