Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering - can the ipod touch be charged using the phone prep cradle in the armrest?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about adding AMI to my A5 but don't like reaching over to the glovebox. I was thinking about attaching a bluetooth radio via the AMI in the glovebox and using the Iphone prep in my armrest with my ipod touch to send a A2DP signal to the AMI.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I was thinking about adding AMI to my A5 but don't like reaching over to the glovebox. I was thinking about attaching a bluetooth radio via the AMI in the glovebox and using the Iphone prep in my armrest with my ipod touch to send a A2DP signal to the AMI.

I was also thinking about connecting an intergalactic WTF*X2 but couldn't unwrap the instructions..:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think what you are trying to do is too ambitious. The AMI works brilliantly. You get a robust hard wired connection to the AMI which also charges the iPod. You can get a bluetooth adaptor for the AMI which I'm sure supports A2DP, but I have no experience of it. Does the iPhone prep actually send an A2DP output?

I find it easy just to plug the iPod touch in the glovebox, and it sits there most of the time anyway.

·
Registered
549 Posts
You can't stream music via Bluetooth from the iPhone, this is a handset limitation.

I'd recommend double-checking with Audi whether you can retro-fit the AMI, I've sent my S5 in to get the AMI fitted twice after phone conversations with service guys telling me "sure you can", only to be told "sorry we can't retrofit".

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I find it easy just to plug the iPod touch in the glovebox, and it sits there most of the time anyway.
+1

Once it's connect in the glove box you never really need to touch it as you can control it from the MMI anyway, and it charges it up really fast too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts