Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, car failed mot today, not great timing considering everything going on at the moment. The garage wrote ‘Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn, near side front lower(rear)‘. Any idea what part this is? I was planning on popping to TPS for the part and having a go myself otherwise garage want £120. Thanks.

Audi A5 2.0 tfsi coupe 2010

·
Registered
329 Posts
It'll be the inner control arm bushing (pin will be fine)
Near side = closest to the driver? RHD I assume so RH side of the car.
Front lower = Tells you it's the lower control arm(s) in the front of the car
(rear) = rearmost control arm - our upper and lower control arms are both two-piece in the front

These bushings are common to wear out. Not too difficult to replace the entire arm (assuming the nuts/bolts play nice). If you are just replacing the bush, then you'll need a press of some sort.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, I looked into it and saw some videos on YouTube, didn’t realise the a5 has so many extra control arms compared to my last car anyway. It’s the near side(passenger side in UK) bottom rear arm which needs a little strut spreader tool to remove one side which I don’t have and ordering one could take a

I’m happy for garage to do it, it has to go back for a mot retake so might as well get it done at same time. I’m happy they found it as I’ve had a knocking/creaking for ages and had just started to get worse. Thought it was arb bushes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts