Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Noticed the steering wheel is getting squeaky when turning alot. Checked the p/s fluid and it seems low.

I've seen this on Euro Car Parts:

Seems to conform to the CHF 11S spec. However you can get Pentosoin brand of this elsewhere (takes few days shipping). Does the brand of this fluid make much of a difference? I read another post that mentioned Audi saying to them anything non OEM can mess up the whole steering rack!

In my car manual, it doesn't actually mention which spec of power steering fluid to use, just says its Servotronic.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
As far as I know you MUST ensure that any fluids you add conform to the relevant VW Audi specs, cos otherwise you are looking for trouble cos these cars are quite sensitive. Recently my S4 threw all of its power steering fluid on the floor so after the repair I used a VW approved fluid that I purchased from a VW Audi dealer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know you MUST ensure that any fluids you add conform to the relevant VW Audi specs, cos otherwise you are looking for trouble cos these cars are quite sensitive. Recently my S4 threw all of its power steering fluid on the floor so after the repair I used a VW approved fluid that I purchased from a VW Audi dealer.
Thanks mate. The one I used did conform to the Audi spec. However my steering wheel still makes squeaky noises when turning. More so when turning clockwise. Hoping its not the steering wheel rack :cry: any ideas what else it could be?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Anything that meets VW spec is fine. VW doesn't make their own fluids.

If you've only topped off the fluid, it's very likely it's worn out. Do a few cycles of drain/fill and see if that helps. Don't go to a shop to do a "flush" where they force the fluid through the system. There's likely lots of ground up particles that forceful flushing will do a lot more damage than good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts