Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

The main MMI control knob on my 09 A5 is starting to 'bubble' it looks like. I almost feel like this might just be a clear film, but I am too afraid to try and pick at it. Do you know if this can be peeled off, or is it otherwise a simple task to replace this knob?

http://i.imgur.com/jkSfa.jpg

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I had the same problem. Around a tenner for a replacement from your dealer. Just pull off the old one (very stiff) and replace. 2 minute job.

Reactions: F12NCO

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had the same problem. Around a tenner for a replacement from your dealer. Just pull off the old one (very stiff) and replace. 2 minute job.
Mine has started to do this too I have noticed. Was going to mention it at the next service. Do you just pull the knob off........???:yikes: I couldn't word this any better sorry ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine did this also.

I actually peeled all the old covering off carefully and it actually has a nice shiny finish underneath (hence why it doesnt adhere very well and bubbles off) Looks absolutely fine now which was a nice surprise:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Mine has started to do this too I have noticed. Was going to mention it at the next service. Do you just pull the knob off........???:yikes: I couldn't word this any better sorry ;)
Yep. For want of a better expression it does just pull off with a firm tug...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine did this also.

I actually peeled all the old covering off carefully and it actually has a nice shiny finish underneath (hence why it doesnt adhere very well and bubbles off) Looks absolutely fine now which was a nice surprise:thumbsup:
Can you show us a pic?

·
Registered
455 Posts
it makes me wonder why they put a sticker over the top of it if it looks exactly the same underneath?!

·
Registered
69 Posts
well i got my car and the whole top thing had been scratched off, so I'm glad it's easy to fix

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
it makes me wonder why they put a sticker over the top of it if it looks exactly the same underneath?!
It's less shiny underneath.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This button on my 2010 S5 is falling on and off. I am not sure if it is broken or twist off. Do I have to replace the whole thing or just the lil plastic button?

Help!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Lol mines been like that for 2 years, if i knew it was that cheap to replace and just simply pull off I would have done it ages ago.
It doesn't bother me now

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep. For want of a better expression it does just pull off with a firm tug...
Sorry, to be specific, do you just pull the knob straight up with some force and it comes right off? Do you just press a new one on? Does anyone have a weblink to the replacement knob? TIA!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts