Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i have 20" wheels if I have the drive select ption on my car???

My Audi dealer says not to get 20' wheels cause I have the drive select option on my A5 3.2. Does anyone have 20" on their car with the drive select option?
I am in Cyprus and roads are not all that great. Please opinions...cause the more i ask my audi dealer here, the less i see they know!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello,

i bought myself a S5 this week. If you have the drive select, you must either have the dynamic steering system or the electronic damping control system. If you go to the Audi car configurator on audi.com, you will see that you cannot order 20" wheels together with the electronic damping control.

I ordered 19" but as soon as i have the possibility, i will try if the 20" will not fit in any way, maybe with 10-16mm wheel spacers.:confused:

kind regards,

powerhel

·
Registered
365 Posts
Can i have 20" wheels if I have the drive select ption on my car???

My Audi dealer says not to get 20' wheels cause I have the drive select option on my A5 3.2. Does anyone have 20" on their car with the drive select option?
I am in Cyprus and roads are not all that great. Please opinions...cause the more i ask my audi dealer here, the less i see they know!
In the UK, you could not have Drive Select with the 20inch wheels. In my case, I wanted the 20inch wheels more than Drive Select and therefore chose 20inch wheels.

After driving the car, can see why. If you have the stiffer Sport suspension, and the 20inch wheels which have very low profile tyres, he ride can be quite bumpy. With Drive Select, the switching from hard/sport ride to soft/comfort would have no difference because in soft mode, it would still be quite hard.

I suspect this is the only reason why Drive Select is not possible with 20inch wheels.

You could order the car with Drive Select and change the wheels after delivery, but would remove the benefit of Drive Select as the switching would basically appear to go from "solid" to "stiff" instead of "hard" to "soft"?

Not sure if anybody has tried changing their wheels to 20inch wheels with Drive Select also fitted?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.