Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i was on audizine and this guy had pics posted up of his A5. The stance was PERFECT for me. It was aggressive and low yet practical enough to drive in to my stupid crooked driveway and to drive easily on bumpy roads

I know nothing about wheels so I didn't know what to ask him, so I PM'd him, asking him how he got that look, he said he didn't know but all the specs and sent me this
http://www.senner-tuning.de/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1599_1600&products_id=4165

and this link

http://www.senner-tuning.de/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1599_1600&products_id=3571

Could someone please tell me what it says and give me an "aftermarket wheel mods and lowering your car for dummies" lesson. Because i would really like to achieve this car's look. This is a lot to ask so I'll return the favor, Maybe something like buy someone something for their car under 20$ or something.

here's his car

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Isn't that TX's car?

Ok, well unless I'm missing something, it seems pretty straightforward to me, even without putting it thru a translator:

Your first link says:
Work Varianza T1S 9x19 + 10,5x19 Audi A5 / S5

And the second link says:
Work Varianza T1S 9x20 + 10,5x20 Audi A5 / S5

So I think it's this WORK wheel:
http://www.workwheelsusa.com/product.php?category=24&wheel=50

1st link, wheel sizes 19x9 front, 19x10.5 rear
2nd link, wheel sizes 20x9 front, 20x10.5 rear

To lower, there are 2 types of H&R springs, or the H&R coilovers you can purchase.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Google is your friend. Just use their translation tool.

First link translation: click here

Second link translation: click here

The information on those pages only provide you with details about the wheels made by Work. There's no information about whether springs or coilovers were used. However, I saw the post on AZ where that guy stated he has H&R springs. While he didn't specify if he has the 1" or 1.3" drop, it appears to me from looking at the photos of his car that he's got the 1" H&R springs. Back when I had an A5, I installed the 1" drop H&R springs on it and the stance was pretty much the same as his.

So if you saw this on the AZ forum, why not post your thread there instead of here? :confused:

BTW, you can send the $20 to me via PayPal. :D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So if you saw this on the AZ forum, why not post your thread there instead of here? :confused:
Because that forum is a clusterfuck. Too many members, I like the A5OC community much more. I pretty much know a lot more people, and I know the info i'm getting is solid.

I know what rims they are, and i know its lowered. But is that all he did to it? Is there any way to tell what offsets he has (i have no idea what offsets are) and the lip sizes and so forth. I want my car to have this exact stance and i would very much like to know how to do it

·
Registered
479 Posts
Uggg I had a very detailed response and I clicked on "back" and lost it. :mad:

WORK Wheels construction generally has 3 basic options when it comes to lip sizes which they call "Disks". There is "A" disk, which is a standard lip, a "O" disk which is a deep lip, and "R" disk, which is a shallow lip.

Impossible to tell for sure based on the pics, but given the wheel widths of 9.5 and 10.5, and IIRC the stock size is 8.5 +32, probably the offset is somewhere around +20 for the fronts and +32 for the rears, which would give it that flush look to the fender, the same as adding a 25mm spacer to the stock wheels.

I'd suggest you contact your local wheel shop or WORK directly to work (no pun intended) the exact specs out for your car. It should be noted that WORK does not typically drill for Audi fitment, so there will be a custom drilling charge.

Work Wheels USA - (714) 968-7040 - ask for Jim.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks shady but i'm not getting WORK wheels. I'm probably going to get 20" HRE 590r's with H&R coilovers 1" drop. If/when i talk to HRE to buy the wheels, will they know what to do to give my car that aggressive look. Or would I have to explain everything to them?

+Thanks for being so patient with me guys and not flaming for my wheel retardation. I have a basic understanding now. But i still for the most part i'm clueless :confused:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thanks shady but i'm not getting WORK wheels. I'm probably going to get 20" HRE 590r's with H&R coilovers 1" drop. If/when i talk to HRE to buy the wheels, will they know what to do to give my car that aggressive look. Or would I have to explain everything to them?
Oh, sorry, you said you wanted to achieve "this car's look" so I thought you meant you were going to try to emulate it. When you talk to a HRE dealer they should know what you need - from what I remember, they do not publicly announce their offsets but each wheel is custom built to your specifications.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
whereever do you guys get the info on the springs/coils ?

the two links don't say anything about lowering ;)
Refer to what I wrote in post #3. The guys whose car that is mentioned that he has H&R springs installed.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Shady and TX for your help, remind me to paypal you guys 10 bucks each next week ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts