Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my A5 1.8 TFSI Sport the week before Christmas. At the time, they said they wouldn't know dates until end of Jan.

Anyway I chased the lease company (they get shirty if I go straight to dealer) and they came back with this email:

"The car has now confirmed into march production, that should make it early to mid april delivery, any queries then please give me a call"

Does this seem consistent for a UK delivery? Does anyone with better knowledge than me have an idea what the build date etc may be?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I ordered my A5 1.8 TFSI Sport the week before Christmas. At the time, they said they wouldn't know dates until end of Jan.

Anyway I chased the lease company (they get shirty if I go straight to dealer) and they came back with this email:

"The car has now confirmed into march production, that should make it early to mid april delivery, any queries then please give me a call"

Does this seem consistent for a UK delivery? Does anyone with better knowledge than me have an idea what the build date etc may be?
I'm not in UK, but this seems fairly consistent with European delays.... Usually, delivery is 3-4 weeks after production.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Sounds about right - my car was delivered to the dealer only 4 weeks after going into production (build week 48/07 which was the last week of November, delivered to dealer on 21 Dec 07, delivered to me on 2 Jan 08). Could be different for the 1.8TFSI though as it's possibly going to get higher numbers of orders than the S5 or diesel. There are also well documented production delays if you've ordered the sunroof.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
How did you guys get the actual build week? From your dealer?
Yep, asked my dealer, and then kept on asking him to check the week didn't change. The build actually takes around 10-12 days, so in week 49 my car was still showing on Audi's system as slated for a build in week 48.

Others here have had even more information from their dealers about exactly what phase of the build their cars are at, and even when they move to the port for shipping/delivery to dealer, etc. Just ask your dealer, he should have access to this information through Audi's ordering system.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

I just emailed the dealer and he said that although the car is confirmed it will not show build week to them for at least a week, but he will email me as soon as this comes available.

Good enough for me!
Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts