Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!!

I know this would usually be a simple find! But for some reason I can’t find my power steering reservoir, all videos I’ve seen online indicate that it should be on the right hand side with a grey lid. Mine isn’t!? Maybe certain models have them in different places?
It’s a 2013 Quattro 2.0 Tfsi.

Any advice on locating it would be great!

Reason for needing to find it is the steering is making a wearing sound as I turn the wheel, as if a bearing was worn out maybe. First thought is to check fluid levels, if I can find them! ?

Thanks!!
Alex

Attachments

·
Sponsor
2,334 Posts
... did it fall off?! All the manuals say it's in that mysteriously empty space on the right.

Never mind, just saw the far less spooky and much more sensible answer above.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) for greasing the steering column shaft where is passes through the bulk head. They have been know to rub and cause noises.

Also as said, you power steering assistance is electric.

Ps, whilst you're there, give the engine bay a clean. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) for greasing the steering column shaft where is passes through the bulk head. They have been know to rub and cause noises.

Also as said, you power steering assistance is electric.

Ps, whilst you're there, give the engine bay a clean. :)
Where can I find that? Mines just started making that rubbing sound and it’s driving me crazy.... btw pls tell me this isn’t a sing that something is wrong with the steering!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts