Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2015 2.0 TDI Special Edition +
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks…. My first post here. Looking at Hastings Direct insurance small print after owning 3 A5 cabrios over last 10 years and buried in the ‘windscreen’ section was a bit about the rear screen and convertible roof not being covered. I’ve read the rear glass is not replaceable and the whole roof would have to be replaced. So basically a huge bit of my car isn’t covered!! I called Direct Line today with the same question and they don’t omit the rear glass or roof if damaged. Food for thought for all you cabrio owners.

· Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Rich mate welcome on board. No suprise to be honest cos the Cabrio top is well known to fail and costs about 5k quids to replace so who would insure that????

Reactions: Richiehh

· Registered
2015 A5 3.0Tdi black s line spec edition NOW 2021 45Tfsi Edition 1 sound pack
392 Posts
Also on my third A5 cab :) and had a similar conversation with one of my insurers a few years ago where they confirmed that they would pay for a rear window but wouldnt confirm in the case of the Audi that it would require a new roof as well . The latest model has different window / roof design that my previous 2015 model so am not sure if it can be replaced without the whole roof ?
Something thats worth checking with my current insurers though .

Reactions: Richiehh
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.