Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a 2016 A5 sportback quattro 2.0 TDI black edition . I love it .
On the test drive I noticed a slight buzz or rattle at low revs and low speed . I was told by the garage that it was investigated and it was a fuel tank strap that was lose ( it was fixed according to them ) . It has returned less than 12 hrs or 50 miles later .

I am looking to see if this is something anyone else has experienced and could give any clues to a fix .

I am a member of an owners club for a van I own and have found it better than the manufacturer . Looking forward to any comments.

· Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
977 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums.

Hard to determine. Could be a huge variety of things that could make a buzz/ rattle.

Do you know the general location of the rattle?

Does the sound emanate externally and into the cabin or is it external only, can it be heard when idle?

Best bet is to locate the sound source and record it for us to see/hear to determine what it could potentially be.

Its far too vague for me just to give you a punt on what could be making a buzzing/rattling noise… the list would be endless.

~Alex

· Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Indeed as Alex says, UNLESS your missus is trapped in the boot???? They rattle alot........

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello and welcome to the forums.

Hard to determine. Could be a huge variety of things that could make a buzz/ rattle.

Do you know the general location of the rattle?

Does the sound emanate externally and into the cabin or is it external only, can it be heard when idle?

Best bet is to locate the sound source and record it for us to see/hear to determine what it could potentially be.

Its far too vague for me just to give you a punt on what could be making a buzzing/rattling noise… the list would be endless.

~Alex

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the vagueness.
The buzz or rattle seams to come from behind the driver's seat area hard to pin down any more than that at the moment as I'm driving at the time .

It happens at lower speeds and revs. It disappears after 2000 revs.

I have someone coming round tonight to try and help me narrow it down a bit more .

Thanks for replying

· Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
977 Posts
Sorry for the vagueness.
The buzz or rattle seams to come from behind the driver's seat area hard to pin down any more than that at the moment as I'm driving at the time .

It happens at lower speeds and revs. It disappears after 2000 revs.

I have someone coming round tonight to try and help me narrow it down a bit more .

Thanks for replying
If your friend could record the sound then that would also help too!

~Alex

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found the rattle had to remove the rear seat bottom . It was a fuel pipe from the pump rubbing on the body work after it left the pump.

Went away when the driverside rear seat was sat on . Removed the cover and placed so deadning tape he had from his work and this done the trick .
All back together and quiet as a mouse now .

Thanks for the comments hope this helps someone in the future.

· Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Stephen mate PLEASE show us pics of yer car and not yer family!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.