Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hmm.. It seems quite a few of you guys got 1000 to 1500 below MSRP. Are those custom orders or you guys just took whatever is available on the lot?

Also, anyone ordered an "automatic" and when are you guys receiving yours?

Lance
I got my S5 auto for 56.9k (loaded), with sales tax it was 61.5k total. I worked with four dealers and negotiated to get the best price. It’s amazing how a dealer reacts when you tell them they have the highest price, it hurts some egos.

It seems that most people want to give money away, believing the "It's a high demand car” BS from the dealer. You shouldn't ever pay more then or MSRP, that’s just stupid.

·
Registered
29 Posts
fairly bold statement - and also worded in the most offensive way possible. most egregiously, however, its just plain wrong. i understand not paying MSRP for an order. makes sense. but if you're at a dealership and they have what you and they know is one of the VERY few available cars in the state... good luck getting a discount on that. i know for a fact that if i hadn't bought my S5 at their price on the spot, they had at least one guy waiting in line behind me to buy it (i know because he is on this board!). besides that, i live in nyc and don't currently have a car so getting people to drive me around to umpteen dealers trying to save $1500 on something i was perfectly willing to pay full price for just didnt tickle my fancy.

im glad you got a discount, but id pay $1500 to not have to wait 6 months for my car. and i dont consider that stupid. im actually quite a smart guy, to be honest :)
This wasn’t an insult on your astuteness. I don’t think you understand my point. You don’t have to pay MSRP unless you deem patience with a pecuniary value.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.