Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi,

You need to update your profile not sure what part of the world you are from.

In the UK you can achieve up to 5% discount with a push with the A5/S5 being in demand reduces the need to discount!!

:)

·
Registered
536 Posts
I got 1500 off my ordered S5. You probobly wont be able to get anything better, and would even get pretty lucky to get 1500 off as most dealers I called wouldnt touch the MSRP.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you pay MSRP - negotiate for other stuff

I just ordered my S5 yesterday and the dealer would not budge from MSRP, but I negotiated Audi Care for free and 5 free bumper to bumper detailing which they normally charge $120US for. Also got them to throw in the S5 baseball cap and mug.

Also got lucky on the wait time for delivery, dealer had ordered one for their showroom in december and Audi started building it at the start of Feb, so as it was explained to me the chassie is the first thing they wire and build. So my dealer just went into the order system and changed the exterior and interior colors to match my order, all other options were already included. Delivery Date to dealer is scheduled for May 8th. Seems like an eternity.......:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
May 8th for a February build seems like a long time

I would have thought a February build car would have been at the dealer by the end of March. That's what I have been told for most of the Audi models. I'm currently waiting on an A6 and an S5. Haven't heard anything about the S5 but the A6 is being built now and should be at the dealer in six weeks.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I just ordered my S5 yesterday and the dealer would not budge from MSRP, but I negotiated Audi Care for free and 5 free bumper to bumper detailing which they normally charge $120US for.
While I'm sure you feel you got a pretty good deal from the dealer throwing in 5 detailing jobs for free, you may want to think twice about letting them touch your Phantom Black car. Another forum member with a Phantom Black S5 later regretted having the dealership detail his car. He ended up with swirls. See this thread.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I would have thought a February build car would have been at the dealer by the end of March. That's what I have been told for most of the Audi models. I'm currently waiting on an A6 and an S5. Haven't heard anything about the S5 but the A6 is being built now and should be at the dealer in six weeks.
I agree... I ordered my car Jan 10th, it is supposed to ready for delivery mid April and the current status is that it is still in the order bank (same status as on Jan 10th). A car that is currently being built should be delivered by the first half of March, which is when I wanted my car delivered (sometime between March 7th and 16th... oh well).

·
Registered
39 Posts
In response to the swirl marks, I brought that up to them during the negotiation, (they had originally offered me 1 free detail) and I said I would not trust them to detail my baby, they assured me that the cars are detailed by hand no electric buffers, this dealer is also a porsche dealer and judging by how clean their inventory of cars look I have no cause to doubt their abillities. I appreciate the advice though.

In response to why it takes the car so long, the car build is actually complete in April, according to my audi vehicle order form it will be loaded on the ship 4/13 and (for those that did not realize it :) ) it takes a cargo ship up to 4 weeks weather permitting to reach the united states from Germany.
My order form says it should arrive in port 5/08 and delivered to dealer on 5/12.

·
Registered
314 Posts
In response to the swirl marks, I brought that up to them during the negotiation, (they had originally offered me 1 free detail) and I said I would not trust them to detail my baby, they assured me that the cars are detailed by hand no electric buffers, this dealer is also a porsche dealer and judging by how clean their inventory of cars look I have no cause to doubt their abillities. I appreciate the advice though.

In response to why it takes the car so long, the car build is actually complete in April, according to my audi vehicle order form it will be loaded on the ship 4/13 and (for those that did not realize it :) ) it takes a cargo ship up to 4 weeks weather permitting to reach the united states from Germany.
My order form says it should arrive in port 5/08 and delivered to dealer on 5/12.
It took 10 days from Munich with my BMW :confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Interesting my M5 took a little over 4 weeks, must have stopped in the Caribbean for a rum punch?? ;)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Transport on boat only usually takes 10 days my Audi dealer told me... And he also told me it takes 3-4 weeks to build a car, not two months like your dealer told you (feb to april). Maybe ur dealer is pulling your chain.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmm.. It seems quite a few of you guys got 1000 to 1500 below MSRP. Are those custom orders or you guys just took whatever is available on the lot?

Also, anyone ordered an "automatic" and when are you guys receiving yours?

Lance

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hmm.. It seems quite a few of you guys got 1000 to 1500 below MSRP. Are those custom orders or you guys just took whatever is available on the lot?

Also, anyone ordered an "automatic" and when are you guys receiving yours?

Lance
I got my S5 auto for 56.9k (loaded), with sales tax it was 61.5k total. I worked with four dealers and negotiated to get the best price. It’s amazing how a dealer reacts when you tell them they have the highest price, it hurts some egos.

It seems that most people want to give money away, believing the "It's a high demand car” BS from the dealer. You shouldn't ever pay more then or MSRP, that’s just stupid.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.