Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Buying MY13 B8.5 A5 3.0 TFSI

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Dippy 
#1 ·
Gents,

Just joined A5OC as I'm about to pull the pin on the 3.0 TFSI with 80k klms on the clock.

I've seen a few issues online around the steering, but does anyone have a good run down on the major issues to look out for?

Also interested in all the belt changes that will be needed over the next 20+ klms?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Frank

#2 ·
When was it built? Audi made some major changes over the years, and some were in order to address issues.
IIRC the belts are due for replacement around the 100km mark.
If it has the s-tronic DCT then the most important thing to check is if it has had its first service - due around 60km.

#3 ·
Now I see MY13. Is that the American naming for a car built in 2012 or the real build year? The 3rd and final version of the s-tronic gearbox was introduced in Spring 2013.
Steering will be electric. Apart from the fact that some people don't like electric steering I think it is reliable.

Reactions: SimonRoma
#4 ·
Is this an S5 by another name?? Or is it in a different state of tune???

#5 ·
Sorry gents, I thought this was standard terminology. It's a 2013 A5. They did a 3.0L Turbo for both the A5 and the S5. I think there's another thread on this.

Unfortunately the sale fell through, but was thinking a 2013 model is probably a few years older than what I want.

Thanks in any case.

#7 ·
Yes - all of Audi's supercharged 3.0 TFSI engines have fundamentally the same hardware and so can be tuned to the same power range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.