Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to the forum but I have been reading in the background for a number of weeks now.

I have set my heart on getting an A5. Now looking at purchasing one new and was wondering what kind of deals are out there in the current market? If i can save a few pennies it means I can buy more options :). I would preferably like to buy through a main dealer but would consider other options if the cost savings are there

·
Registered
61 Posts
Deals

The essence of a good deal is timing. Keep checking the Audi used car finder on www.audi.co.uk until you see one that looks like the right spec and the right price. Then negotiate hard. Walk away. Wait for the 'phone to ring.

You may get gouged on financing costs right now, though.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Buying new might be the way to go. I've found Bristol Audi and Swindon helpful.

RG

PM me if you like re contacts, In mid October reckon I got nearly 10% + a refund (good will) when Sline announced having been told it wasn't coming!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've had my A5 3 months now. It was orignally ordered in July 2008 and I manged an 8% discount......as you say to pay for more extras. In todays economic climate I think you should be trying for a figure 2 or 3 % points higher than that. If you want details of the dealership in the North I used + contact details just PM me and I'll be happy to help.
G

·
Registered
337 Posts
I got around 8% discount plus about £600 of freebies back in August. They will be desperate for your custom just now. See what the internet sites are offering in the way of discount and ask them to beat it. You should be aiming for 10% or more. Good luck. The A5 is a fantastic car :D What engine are you thinking of going for ?

·
Registered
138 Posts
well you say that, but i went into nottingham audi last week. who i have used for the past 5 years, the best i could get was 8%, and walked away from the deal, so not that hard up in nottingham!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the replies so far. I am looking to get the new 2.0TDI due to the mileage I do everyday. I have a 90+ mile round trip so as much as I would love the 3.0TDI, I need to think of economy as well. To make up for the lack of power, I will definitely be getting the S Line and a few extras as well.
I took a car for a test drive last week and am getting ready to seal the deal as such. Just need to ensure that I get the best deal possible now

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
The 2.0Tdi and 3.0V6 Tdi are like chalk and cheese. The 3.0Tdi Quattro doesn't sound like a diseasel, performs like a very quick petrol yet still returns well over 40 mpg on 150 mile round trips. And it's QUATTRO...Superb and highly recommended. i'll shut up now!! Have PM'd you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know where you can find the cost of the car to the dealer in the UK? The US folks talk about getting a certain amount above invoice price, is there a way to use this kind of information in the UK as a guide?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That would indeed be very interesting considering 12 months ago I was told dealers make single digit markups but currently it seems possible across other models to get more than this as a discount.

I think it might be quite hard to find out however

·
Registered
128 Posts
Due to demand in the US in September, I payed MSRP or around 54,000US

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Due to demand in the US in September, I payed MSRP or around 54,000US
And still the steering wheel was on the wrong side....:D:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
In the current climate I would be aiming for 10%.

Tony

1 - 13 of 13 Posts