Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to purchase an a5 3.0tdi quattro, they’re pretty high mileage between 85k to 120k. I’m making sure I’m looking for a full service history. Any advice on anything else I should be keeping an eye out for? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’m looking to purchase an a5 3.0tdi quattro, they’re pretty high mileage between 85k to 120k. I’m making sure I’m looking for a full service history. Any advice on anything else I should be keeping an eye out for? Thanks
Between 2008-2010 models (coupe)

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Hello mate. these cars are fairly bullet proof and the mileage you mention should not really be a problem. Personally I would go for the auto box but of course that is really a personal taste, years ago I bought a lovely BMW 530D and she was auto, I have never bought another manual!! Do some reading on here and you will find LOADS of useful stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello mate. these cars are fairly bullet proof and the mileage you mention should not really be a problem. Personally I would go for the auto box but of course that is really a personal taste, years ago I bought a lovely BMW 530D and she was auto, I have never bought another manual!! Do some reading on here and you will find LOADS of useful stuff.

Wicked. Thanks for your reply! Definitely auto! I was also considering a 530d or a 330d but because the weather when it’s cold can get really bad rain/ice etc I was thinking quattro would be better overall but I can imagine the bmws being a lot more fun to drive. I will definitely have a look around on this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
100k miles is nothing, if it's got a full service history there should be absolutely nothing to worry about. Mine has/had a couple of electrical gremlins to start with but nothing that couldn't be easily fixed or ignored (the horn didn't work, turned out the output voltage from the relay wasn't connected, and the drivers seat position memory doesn't work, but there's only me drives it so it doesn't really matter. Pre-2008 models can get rattly cam chains but anything after that should be OK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts