Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
A5 Cab 20 TSFI
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is great to see all your comments and did pick up some already since I am a prospect buyer of a A5 Cab.
For example I will Check the real Light water ingress, Eclectic windows defects..

That model I am interested is 2010 with 70K KM and a new Engine from 2019 installed.
The gear train is the original CVT with 70KM and the engine has only 700KM.

I would expect that such a new engine will not have anymore those issues with the Oil Consumption as the earlier models had.
What other Items would it be wise me to check. Have there been similar circumstances?

The car is sold from a dealer, he is offering 1 year Warrantee. The work is done by his workshop and the new motor is purchased from VW-AUDI as per receipt i seen and looks very legitimate work.
Though would you expect the Injectors to be new, or the Turbo or any other suggestions to check before I commit to this flourishing young dealer?

Thank you for your attention.

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Aby, when you say "new engine" do you know exactly what was swapped?? This COULD mean a new top end (head), OR includes pistons and con rods OR could be as you seem to imply, a total new engine so including a new block. I would tend to avoid anything except the total new engine, as the partial solutions have sometimes resolved the problem and sometimes not. DONT fall in love with the car, be prepared to walk away. Good luck!!

·
Registered
A5 Cab 20 TSFI
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you SimonRoma for answering.
Yes falling in love is not so hard with the S5 :). The complete Engine Block and cover is exchanged. Though no records for TC, Injection or Engine Management System verification. Has only 700KM from when installed so if anything I will get to experience it. There is a 12 Month Warrantee, but is not from VW-AUDI the warrantee is from the workshop-dealer that the car is sold now...

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
You now mention S5, your first post mentioned 2.0 so I thought she was a 2litre. The 2litre suffered with all of the oil consumption problems and hence the new engines. The S5 is 3 litre (the old one is a 4.2 V8) and these have not had the oil consumption problems so why was the engine changed?? I think that you did right to let that one go, to be honest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts