Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, back in January a combination of solar glare, wet roads and a plonker (i.e me) behind the wheel not seeing the Bus had stopped outside the bus stop.

This happened.

Insurance wrote her off and did the usual low offer. I managed to get the price to a more reasonable level, bought her back and through a friend found a one man local body repair guy who did all the work for me.

Took most of the pulleys out, the rad, intercooler power steering pump, aircon pump, the list went on and on but... I absolutely love this car and I was determined that she would not end up being scrapped.

Cost me a bit more than the insurance and If i was sensible I would have walked away but who wants to be sensible?

Decided on going down the honeycomb route for the grills, £150 off Ebay (still can't decide on badge or not)

But a few weeks later.

As far as I'm concerned he's done an amazing job and she looks right stunner. Need to regas the aircon, install a new seatbelt but my baby is back.

The things we do when we love our cars eh?

We are both avoiding buses like the plague from now on though.

·
Registered
Audi S5 sportback
306 Posts
Ouch, glad you got the car back on the road and you were OK.

Bus drivers are the bain of my life

Reactions: SimonRoma and TJ001

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH. Well we all like a happy ending so well done, I agree that a lovely car should always be saved if possible. May I suggest that you er change your route to work and try to avoid buses from now on????

Best of luck, Simon

Reactions: TJ001
1 - 3 of 3 Posts