Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

One thing that really bugs me about my Car is the fact that you've got nice bright blue LED's and main lights but the fog lights are standard yellow. Does anyone know whether you can replace the bulbs in the fog lights so they have more of a blue colour (Xenon) look to them?? :confused:

Cheers

·
Registered
70 Posts
Are these easy enough to fit or is it best to get the dealer to do them?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks! Where can I buy them, will somewhere like Halfords stock them? I've searched online and can only find forum posts referencing them, nowhere to buy. Is there anywhere online to buy?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just placed an order for a set of the xenon ones - looking forward to fitting them!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just Be Careful Pulling The Plastic Grilles Off!! The Passenger Side On Mine Was A Proper Bast*rd To Get Off!!!

1.8tfsi sport

brill blk
drl's,with mods! xenonmatch fogs
star silver leather,
bluetooth,
auto folding mirrors+auto dimming mirrors
interior light pack
two shiny chrome tailpipes!
hill hold
debadged

·
Registered
118 Posts
I did mine today, and as Shelltell said the passanger side grill was a bitch to get off, i gave up and i can say i would strongly advise just jacking the car up on a 2ton hydro jack, one axle stand under incase and then remove the under-engine cover. It took me no more then 15 minutes today, and its much safer then cracking the grill or scratching the suround.

Follow the instructions on Alvins post there are only about 10 quick release screws and the pan slides backwards. Its easy then to get the the bulbs that just twist anticlockwise 1/4 turn to remove.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthrea...x.html?p=14299

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
At the last Norfolk meet I did doubledooms for him and just used my fingers, took less that 10seconds to get both off. You must be doing something wrong. If you loosen the side closest to your number plate, then give it one yank toward the numberplate and away from the bumper it should just pop out with ease. I was a little scared doing it to someone elses car but it all went ok thankfully :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
At the last Norfolk meet I did doubledooms for him and just used my fingers, took less that 10seconds to get both off.
And this weekend I had both of them off again to put the yellow bulbs back. Would you believe that one of the new bulbs failed. So, keep your yellow ones handy in the garage just in case you need them again. I found it very easy to do the bulbs although I had the benefit of seeing Robb do it first.

BTW, robb, I am putting the bulbs back in once I get a replacement.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
And this weekend I had both of them off again to put the yellow bulbs back. Would you believe that one of the new bulbs failed. So, keep your yellow ones handy in the garage just in case you need them again. I found it very easy to do the bulbs although I had the benefit of seeing Robb do it first.

BTW, robb, I am putting the bulbs back in once I get a replacement.
Bugger, sorry mate. Had the bulb actually blown? suprising as they seemed pretty good quality and rated exactly the same. I havnt actually used mine on the road at all yet, I just love walking up to the car in low light and the DRL + Fog lights turn on :)

They really do need to sort out a UK distributor of their bulbs.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have changed mine now aswell... Nice and easy - after watching robb :D

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Bugger, sorry mate. Had the bulb actually blown? suprising as they seemed pretty good quality and rated exactly the same. I havnt actually used mine on the road at all yet, I just love walking up to the car in low light and the DRL + Fog lights turn on :)

They really do need to sort out a UK distributor of their bulbs.
It doesnt look blown and on one occassion I tapped it and it came back on. However, after removing the bulb, trying again and even switching them over, it has failed to work.

I will order another one but I will probably also look at the number plate and interior lights at the same time. I had the rear passenger lights off the other day so they are easy enough. The front lights look a little harder though.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I will order another one but I will probably also look at the number plate and interior lights at the same time. I had the rear passenger lights off the other day so they are easy enough. The front lights look a little harder though.
Nah, the front dome and maps lights are actually quite simple to access and replace. (Details here.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts