Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post on this forum, greetings to one and all from the Deepmeister!

Received a call from the Dealer to say my car is built and ready, sitting by the dock awaiting shipment across the Channel to England.

Presumably this means anything from a week to a month before I get a chance to sit behind the wheel?

The countdown begins...

D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Hopefully your car will be delivered sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Lucky. When did you place your order?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ordered 24th June after hearing about the 2.0T engine becoming available in the UK (like others on this forum) but in fairness was told December delivery due to part shortages on the chosen optional 20inch wheels, otherwise was quoted nearer September. Looks like Audi solved the parts shortage problem on those wheels - good news for me at least!

Apparently, UK orders placed now are quoting January delivery.

Hope you get yours soon!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ordered 24th June after hearing about the 2.0T engine becoming available in the UK (like others on this forum) but in fairness was told December delivery due to part shortages on the chosen optional 20inch wheels, otherwise was quoted nearer September. Looks like Audi solved the parts shortage problem on those wheels - good news for me at least!

Apparently, UK orders placed now are quoting January delivery.

Hope you get yours soon!
I had my first drive in an A5 last weekend (2.7 TDI Multronic) and looking at buying the 2.0TFSI (180PS) Multitronic and was surprised to be told that if I ordered then I could expect to get it in October. This is probably due to everyone wanting the 211PS though.

BTW saw a Ibis white A5 with the 20" wheels the other day and it looked amazing but I just have not got the balls to order it!

What's your colour/spec?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's your colour/spec?
A5 2.0TFSI Quattro Sport 211PS

Options Fitted:

Sport (Lowered Suspension, Sports Seats, etc)
Phantom Black Pearl
Black Valcona Leather
Black Headlining
Aluminium Hologram Inlay
20x9J 7Arm DoubleSpoke Alloys
Tyre Pressure Monitor
SatNavPlus
B&O Sound
DAB Radio
Bluetooth Phone High
Voice Control
Audi Music Interface
Audi Parking Advanced Camera
Audi Side Assist
Audi Hill Hold Assist
Adaptive Lights
Xenon Plus
Advanced Key
Cruise Control
Storage Pack
Interior Lighting Pack
Comfort Pack (Electric Mem Seats, Fold Dim Mirrors, Rain Sensors, etc)
Heated Front Seats
Heated Rear Seats
AutoGlym LifeShine
GAPPlus

Options Wanted But Not Fitted (dealer said No!):

Drive Select Steering - Not available on 2.0T
Drive Select Damper Control - Not available with the 20inch Wheels
Audi Lane Assist - Not available with 3 Spoke Steering Wheel (4 Spoke instead)
SLine - Not available in UK

·
Registered
479 Posts
You forgot the tow-bar!!:D
I like my options but blimey, that's a well specced car!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They do a tow bar? Must have missed that page! Actually, I do not tow anything and having it can make the back look messy.

Also, I left off the TV because analog switch off is imminent and digital is flakey at best in our area. If I wanted TV, will use the AMI to channel the sound and use a portable TV monitor which works (for passengers) even when driving.

·
Registered
552 Posts
OMG! I thought that you had cut and paste the brochure until I read the things you had not ordered.

Interestingly, or not, you have not got the sunroof as it's not available in the UK but the smooth talking dealer I spoke to last weekend reckoned that he had "contacts" and could get the sunroof ordered??

Whereabouts in Kent are you? I'm in Bromley and would love to see your A5 when you get it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is this car going to replace your house?
did you order toilet also in there? haha =)

awesome spec! I am jealous....

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OMG! I thought that you had cut and paste the brochure until I read the things you had not ordered.

Interestingly, or not, you have not got the sunroof as it's not available in the UK but the smooth talking dealer I spoke to last weekend reckoned that he had "contacts" and could get the sunroof ordered??

Whereabouts in Kent are you? I'm in Bromley and would love to see your A5 when you get it.
Work in Chislehurst, so just around the corner from you, about 5 minutes drive to Bromley High Street. You are more than welcome to see the car but only after I have seen it!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is this car going to replace your house?
did you order toilet also in there? haha =)

awesome spec! I am jealous....
I know, I know, its an addiction. My friends tell me I should check into the Henry Ford Clinic, the clinical centre of excellence for car addicts in desperate need of automotive-rehab.....!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Work in Chislehurst, so just around the corner from you, about 5 minutes drive to Bromley High Street. You are more than welcome to see the car but only after I have seen it!!
I get the train every day from Chislehurst station and always looking at the two black A5's in the car park.

Did you get it from a local dealer? They must of been well pleased with your order!

Let me know when you get it as this has got to be the best specced 2.0 A5 in the UK!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you get it from a local dealer? They must of been well pleased with your order!
Have used the lads at Bexley Audi for quite some time, used to be Whitehouse Audi which was privately owned and had very decent lads who could be relied upon. Its now owned by S G Smith so sadly the corporate ethos has begun to creep into their working pattern, though the old lads are still very good to me considering what other people experience based on postings at various forums. This is the fifth Audi they have sold me so they also know its in their interest not to upset me too much in view of how much profit they have made from me over the years...!

Let me know when you get it as this has got to be the best specced 2.0 A5 in the UK!
Thanks for the compliment, and certainly will let you know!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah we have had a few cars over the years from Whitehouse and they were quite good but totally agree about SG Smith (not so hot).

I was looking round the Bexley Audi forecourt and saw an Audi Exclusive S5 in old english White (basically cream) with Magnolia leather and yours for just over £50K.

Did you read in the Kent Messenger about how some guy left his RS4 at Bexley while he was in the US and it was being driven around at slightly faster than the law permits.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah we have had a few cars over the years from Whitehouse and they were quite good but totally agree about SG Smith (not so hot).

I was looking round the Bexley Audi forecourt and saw an Audi Exclusive S5 in old english White (basically cream) with Magnolia leather and yours for just over £50K.

Did you read in the Kent Messenger about how some guy left his RS4 at Bexley while he was in the US and it was being driven around at slightly faster than the law permits.
Yes, saw that article about the RS4, apparently it was being "road tested" as per standard Audi procedure...

If I may ask, where are you buying your car and how did you find their service? Of course, after delivery of your car may be a better time to reply.

·
Registered
552 Posts
If I may ask, where are you buying your car and how did you find their service? Of course, after delivery of your car may be a better time to reply.
I have not ordered yet and another member here, booster, has been kindly telling me how much my A3 is now not worth so I have to admit that I might wait a bit to see how bad things get.

I was actually going to ask you how you got on service wise with Bexley (actually read that as did you get a good discount and part/ex price). FWIW I bought my A3, on a 06 plate, through drivethedeal.com and got nearly 10% off. it was supplied by one of the Scottish Audi dealers but I have to say that it was a pleasure doing business with them especially when some of the local dealers don't even call you back!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have not ordered yet and another member here, booster, has been kindly telling me how much my A3 is now not worth so I have to admit that I might wait a bit to see how bad things get.

I was actually going to ask you how you got on service wise with Bexley (actually read that as did you get a good discount and part/ex price). FWIW I bought my A3, on a 06 plate, through drivethedeal.com and got nearly 10% off. it was supplied by one of the Scottish Audi dealers but I have to say that it was a pleasure doing business with them especially when some of the local dealers don't even call you back!
With the current economic climate, I heard that values on sale of used cars have been hit by as much as 25% compared to their value the previous month. Sorry to hear you are getting the raw end of that deal, its such unfortunate timing. My own Part Exchange got whacked in value quite severely compared to normal depreciation.

In fairness, Audi Bexley have been good to me compared to other dealers, but probably only because of the old Whitehouse lads still remaining at that dealership and the long standing relationship with them. Who knows what will happen if they move onwards. Hard to tell right now what is a "good" deal, but I was happy enough to sign the paperwork.

·
Registered
552 Posts
With the current economic climate, I heard that values on sale of used cars have been hit by as much as 25% compared to their value the previous month. Sorry to hear you are getting the raw end of that deal, its such unfortunate timing. My own Part Exchange got whacked in value quite severely compared to normal depreciation.

In fairness, Audi Bexley have been good to me compared to other dealers, but probably only because of the old Whitehouse lads still remaining at that dealership and the long standing relationship with them. Who knows what will happen if they move onwards. Hard to tell right now what is a "good" deal, but I was happy enough to sign the paperwork.
I don't mind so much that my A3 is not worth what I would of liked provided that I benefit on the other side of the coin and get a good deal on a new A5.

With the spec you have chosen I think you need to change your handle to "Deep-Pockets-Meister"!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts