Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get a note from a dealer stating that the build for 08 S5 Tips is finished?

Says you can order a 2009 only for August delivery...anyone have a sense as to whether August delivery makes sense in the context of 08 build dates? Feels a bit early...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Did you get this note?? I put in an early Feb 08 order for an 08 model year, but dont even have a build date yet, so I guess that means Im going to be paying more for an 09, right? ICK!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Did you already place an order? If so, when, where, and for what?

Is this note something you actually got, or something you heard about?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was speaking with a dealer but hadn't put in a formal order...had planned to do that this week. In correspondence with the dealer, I received a note saying that the build was finished. Less than thrilled because was hoping to have the car by June. Oh well, snooze you lose i guess.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just put in my order this weekend (I wanted a 2009 anyway, as I still have some time left on my lease) and he read to me basically this exact same message that's posted on AW.

Seems like anyone whose order hasn't been pulled for production yet will be getting a 2009.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not till '09!

Just got off the phone with my dealer. He tells me that there are no more '08s being allocated, and that I am at the "top of the list" for the 2009 model year, with delivery sometime in the the 4th calendar quarter. This is for an S5 6-sp that I ordered Dec 1, 2007. Prices and options won't be known until July or August. So I guess I have a few months to consider my options - shall I pull my order and change over to the now-available M3? I am diappointed of course, but the S5 is such a pretty car that I may just stay with it. I don't know....

·
Registered
60 Posts
On one hand so few cars allocated means exclusivity on the streets. On the other, yes we can get a bit inpatient with the wait time. I might be in the same pair of shoes as Ebaines. I ordered mine in December and still have not heard anything solid of the allocation/build/delivery. OK with me as I just tore my ACL and won't be able to clutch till mid May.
Would be cool if DSG or magnetic dump was available for 2009 but I think it won't happen or at least for the early 2009 units. It would suck if they asked us to pay more for the rig.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey Martino, how did you tear your ACL and who's going to fix it?
Deak, it was a high pressure skiing manuver at the wrong spot in Big Sky, Montana. ACL gone, damaged maniscus, and fractured bone at the side ligamanet attachment.
Now the bad thing. here is US only few guys do the double-boundle reconstruction. In Poland, where I am from, and many Euro countries 2-boundle is the snadrad thing now days. Nobody in Seattle does it. I decided not to have it done out of town, due to pottential issues etc. I picked the top dog who does Mariners and Seahawks. I went for the preop today and learned that my range of motion in the knee is not good enough for the tomorrow's surgery/ I went furious as I asked them 2 weeks ago about what I should do to make sure all will be perfecto mundo and left them a VM last Wednesday informing that my knee was still fairly stiff and I could bend it only to some 100 deg. They claim they did not get the VM (BS). Now I need to delay the surgery for another 2 weeks which will delay millions of things I have already planned for this year. The best part is that Euro double-bundle surgery would cost me ~ $5K. The US single-bundle (with so far shiotty service) will cost most likely $10K+.
This, with the S5 news, and the ignorance of my lawyer handling fuc.ed up sale of my house put me in the really bad mood today. Time for beer and check alternatives for the S5 - always wanted Vantage V8 but could speak italian in GranTurismo too. Cheers

·
Registered
338 Posts
Deak, it was a high pressure skiing manuver at the wrong spot in Big Sky, Montana. ACL gone, damaged maniscus, and fractured bone at the side ligamanet attachment.
Now the bad thing. here is US only few guys do the double-boundle reconstruction. In Poland, where I am from, and many Euro countries 2-boundle is the snadrad thing now days. Nobody in Seattle does it. I decided not to have it done out of town, due to pottential issues etc. I picked the top dog who does Mariners and Seahawks. I went for the preop today and learned that my range of motion in the knee is not good enough for the tomorrow's surgery/ I went furious as I asked them 2 weeks ago about what I should do to make sure all will be perfecto mundo and left them a VM last Wednesday informing that my knee was still fairly stiff and I could bend it only to some 100 deg. They claim they did not get the VM (BS). Now I need to delay the surgery for another 2 weeks which will delay millions of things I have already planned for this year. The best part is that Euro double-bundle surgery would cost me ~ $5K. The US single-bundle (with so far shiotty service) will cost most likely $10K+.
This, with the S5 news, and the ignorance of my lawyer handling fuc.ed up sale of my house put me in the really bad mood today. Time for beer and check alternatives for the S5 - always wanted Vantage V8 but could speak italian in GranTurismo too. Cheers
From a physician who has over the 20+years heard these self centered complaints many times and then when things aren't oh sooooo perfect there is more complaining and the typical lawyer consult. Free medical advice==== Take the extra 5,000 dollars and buy yourself a first class ticket to Europe where the care is sooo much better given you already know which procedure is best for yourself and save us your whining. Yep I had a tough day at the office also so I really shouldn't have read this medical nonsense and I expect a nasty reply and I even relish it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wish that extra $5K would make things perfect.
My bad mood day. Your bad office day. Hopefully everyone else is enjoying their days either driving the S5s or waiting for them ;).
Cheers
From a physician who has over the 20+years heard these self centered complaints many times and then when things aren't oh sooooo perfect there is more complaining and the typical lawyer consult. Free medical advice==== Take the extra 5,000 dollars and buy yourself a first class ticket to Europe where the care is sooo much better given you already know which procedure is best for yourself and save us your whining. Yep I had a tough day at the office also so I really shouldn't have read this medical nonsense and I expect a nasty reply and I even relish it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts