Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you guys getting your build dates and port dates and all that info? I asked my dealer to provide a build date and this is what he emailed me back . . . .

"I spoke with my Manager and he tells me that Audi North America ACCEPTED our ORDER for your new S5 on the 18th of August...The S5 has a TENTATIVE ARRIVAL (to our dealership for immediate delivery) of DECEMBER...That's great news!..it looks as though the Automatic production cars are going to be here ahead of the Manual models ordered prior to your order.

Let me know if you have any questions or considerations..I will be in touch as we near the delivery date"

Sounds like good news but still not a solid production date or port date or anything. . . . .

·
Registered
953 Posts
Order placed 23 Aug 2008
Build week 50
Allocation Sept 2008
Delivery Mid January 09
Current status: Factory Ordered

Details came through from my dealer earlier this week. I'm not sure how helpful this is to you though. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
my production date is 8/16
on ship 9/4
delivered week of 9/23

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply fdot, but I'm not asking what your dates are.

Im asking how you obtained them. My dealer has not given me any production dates or port dates and all that . . . . .

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm sure If you ask them, you will get them

·
Registered
196 Posts
Order placed 23 Aug 2008
Build week 50
Allocation Sept 2008
Delivery Mid January 09
Current status: Factory Ordered

Details came through from my dealer earlier this week. I'm not sure how helpful this is to you though. :)

Same except mine is week build 49.

·
Registered
27 Posts
forums.audiworld.com/a5

if you go to forums.audiworld.com/a5 (great forum BTW), there are a bunch of guys who work at Audi who look up commission numbers when they have some time. It's helpful to corroborate the information coming from the dealer, but sometimes they can't give you exact dates.

From my experience of reading these message boards for a while, your dates sound about right. I ordered in May, and I am expecting it in early November.

·
Registered
953 Posts
if you go to forums.audiworld.com/a5 (great forum BTW), there are a bunch of guys who work at Audi who look up commission numbers when they have some time. It's helpful to corroborate the information coming from the dealer, but sometimes they can't give you exact dates.
Excellent, thanks. I'll head over there when I get home and try my luck. If they can help, great. If they can't, no worries.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts