Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
G8OFA - that sounds insane. I ordered my company car in the last week of Jan and they placed it with a standard Audi dealer in 1st week of Feb. I've been driving my 1.8T for over 3 weeks now.

If you're going to be waiting that long it might be worth waiting to see what happens with the 2 litre models. Whilst I've been very impressed with my 1.8T, I've just come back from a day trip out to the Yorkshire Dales. Although the car was very capable on most of the journey for the couple of steep gradients we encountered I can only describe it as absolutely pants! I couldn't believe I had to drop all the way down to 2nd to just keep some forward motion at one point - in 3rd it felt like the car was going to stall even when I booted the gas. Could be my driving style but I'm not sure what else to do other than getting a fast run at the hill (not too easy when one of the hills in question was just the other side of a junction onto a busy road ... I don't fancy playing "Frogger" for real).

If you're thinking of a 1.8T and live somewhere particularly hilly then make sure you get a good test drive first. I still love mine but I'll be making the wife and kids get out and walk the next time we have a steep hill to climb.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.