Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a build week for my 1.8TFSi sport ordered last week of February:) . Bad news that it is not until October:mad: Hopefully this will be bought forward:confused: Dealership says that Audi have been completely caught on the hop re the popularity of this model. Was tempted to cancel, but then I sat in the demo again and realised why it is worth the wait:D

·
Registered
388 Posts
hold out mate!!!!

hi mate,i ordered a 1.8sport 8 weeks ago also told october delievery got a call on wednesday my car had been built:) & will be at the dealers at the end of the month!!! what a result.
1.8tfsi
brilliant black
xenons
star silver valcona
bluetooth
interior light pack
autofold mirrors+autolights & wipers
hill hold

·
Registered
714 Posts
G8OFA - that sounds insane. I ordered my company car in the last week of Jan and they placed it with a standard Audi dealer in 1st week of Feb. I've been driving my 1.8T for over 3 weeks now.

If you're going to be waiting that long it might be worth waiting to see what happens with the 2 litre models. Whilst I've been very impressed with my 1.8T, I've just come back from a day trip out to the Yorkshire Dales. Although the car was very capable on most of the journey for the couple of steep gradients we encountered I can only describe it as absolutely pants! I couldn't believe I had to drop all the way down to 2nd to just keep some forward motion at one point - in 3rd it felt like the car was going to stall even when I booted the gas. Could be my driving style but I'm not sure what else to do other than getting a fast run at the hill (not too easy when one of the hills in question was just the other side of a junction onto a busy road ... I don't fancy playing "Frogger" for real).

If you're thinking of a 1.8T and live somewhere particularly hilly then make sure you get a good test drive first. I still love mine but I'll be making the wife and kids get out and walk the next time we have a steep hill to climb.

·
Registered
60 Posts
G8OFA,
I ordered my 1.8 sport multitronic in the middle of April and i have just been told by my dealer a couple of days ago that the build week is scheduled for the beginning of August, but this is not confirmed by the factory and could still move forwards or back. I was originally told September delivery, which I suppose still seems to be on track, although I was told that was a "worse case scenario" when I ordered.

There doesn't seem to be much consistency in the lead times of these cars, which is not good for us, the consumers. I have been on tenterhooks and will have no nails left come september!!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Wow, that sucks, I ordered the last week(ish) of February (22nd) and my car should be on its way to the UK next week, has been built and should have it at the end of the month early June. I dont understand why yours is so delayed when you have a pretty high specced motor looking at your signiture. What is the exact spec?, maybe there is a common problem with a certain spec that we can isolate. I dont believe the dealers would be at fault, why would they want risk losing a sale of this value. There has to be a reason behind these massive inconsistencies.

shelltell: Im considering the remap and miltek when they come out.

My spec is very basic aswell:
1.8TFSI sport
19" Y's
Phantom Black
Black Milano
Black Headlining
Xenon + DRLs

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your comments. Sounds like build week is a fairly moveable feast. I am hoping to hear more from the dealership later today. Think I will stick with the 1.8T though. Who knows how long the wait for a 2.0T will be and I expect that the CO2 figure will be poorer. Also have added B&O to up the anticipation even more!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.