Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally been given a build date of 22 April for my 1.8 TFSI Sport.

Does anyone have an idea as to what the production process consists of (stage wise and time wise) and how long you would expect it would take for the car to be finished and then shipped, and when i could reasonably expect to take delivery.

Thanks in anticipation.

Aman

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
The build seems to take anywhere from a few to 10 days. Someone in the UK will have to speak to shipping time. I believe Matt said 4 weeks, but it's looking like only 3 weeks to get all the way to the U.S. Also figure one week for dealer receipt and prep. You're probably looking at late May.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 1.8 building this week (Wk 5). Dealer said to expect it in 2 weeks!!...bit iffy on that, so expecting that to be pushed out. Will advise in a week or so

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi,

I have a 1.8TFSi Sport on order and have had a update this week that may help you.
Basically you take your build week add 2 weeks for production/quality checking and then 3/4 weeks to get shipped to dealer and then 1 week for dealer preparation.
But then you have the problem of production delays mine has had 2 so far delaying it by 4 weeks. But I must say that Audi UK Customer Services have been great and kept me up to date.
It's still killing me the wait. I still have hopes of 1st March pick up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello,

A5 1.8TFSI

I had build week 3, it was done, checked and controlled on thursday week 3. Shipped to my dealer this week (5, also what it said in the confirmation). Delivered early next week after reconding.

I ordered my A5 September 6th. Hope it was worth the waiting :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
My a5 1.8 TFSI had a build day og day 5 (Friday)week 3 and is today on the ferry from Germany to Norway. Will be able to pick it up by next week. Was told by thye dealer tha only a few 1.8 TFSIs was assigned for Norway in this batch. Next batch will be mid April.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts