Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i was ordering my A5 (about 3 weeks back now) I noticed a number of inconsistencies and errors in the catalogue:

You can choose to upgrade the leather on the handbrake - THERE ISNT ONE!

Anthracite headling has dissapeared - but the Audi dealer reccomended it to me, then couldnt find it, then told me it was a No-Cost-Option, then a Cost-Option and eventually had to phone the central Audi place in the UK to work out if it was available, how much it was, and how to order it.

Is it jsut me, but given that this is an expencive "luxury" car I find details like these mildly disturbing.

has anyone else had any similar experiances?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Must admit I also found the brochure pretty crap, not up to the standard of most other prestige marques, the folding mirrors/dimming/electric seats appear several times different prices, for different combos - the relief when i chose the comfort pack! or was that the plan all along from Audi!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
U.S. brochure

The U.S. brochure is somewhat misleading in a couple of areas. All the interior shots of the A5 show what appear to be sport seats. But, we currently do not have the option of ordering sports seats in the U.S. If you get the S-line package, then you will get the sport seats (in which case they'll be available in black color only). I assume all non-S-line A5's in the U.S. will come with standard seats like in the pic attached below on the left. If that's what all the U.S. spec A5 seats will look like (except for S-line), then Audi should accurately reflect that in the brochure. (See pic on the right for a comparison of the differences between the two types of seats.)

Also, the interior A5 pics in the brochure show seats that appear to be Pearl Silver (a/k/a, Star Silver in other countries). As far as I'm aware, silver seats are not currently available on the A5 in the U.S. (Silver seats are available for the S5 in the U.S.) The closest thing to silver we get to choose for the A5's seats is gray (known as "Light Gray" in the brochure). I've seen the gray seats in person on an A5 (during an overseas trip), and the A5 seats shown in the U.S. brochure definitely are not that same color. The seats in the brochure are MUCH lighter in color. I think that's misleading because I would imagine that some potential U.S. A5 buyers are likely to base their decision to go with gray seats on those brochure pics. I think those customers will be disappointed when their car arrives with a much darker shade than expected.

To Audi's defense, though, they do have the typical disclaimer on the back of the brochure stating things like "specifications, standard equipment, options and colors are subject to change..." and "please ask your dealer for advice concerning current availability of standard and optional equipment and verify that your vehicle will include the equipment you ordered."

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
The brochure we get here in Switzerland is also full of inconsistencies - some stuff marked as included are not and some other are. Typical example, at least for the A5 3.0 TDI Quattro, are the Xenon Plus lights. In the catalog, they're listed as optional, but actually they're part of the standard package. Guess Audi made some last-minute changes :D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
This is going to annoy the hell out of me...

...I have a tendancy to read the manuals cover to cover because I hate not knowing everything there is to know about stuff I own! I'm a real stickler for detail too, so I will notice eveything!!

...I even noticed in the sales brochure that the measurements of the car in the back don't add up correctly. (sad I know!) But it has kept the salesman on his toes as he knows he must be on top of his job. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Latest Brochure Error

Just thought it worth pointing out an error in the latest A5 brochure that is dated 3rd April 2008, it was emailed to me a few days ago. The headling for interior code GD (black seats, back dash, black carpet) is now stated as black - this is actually wrong as it stays as silver.

Caused a bit of confusion and panic with my order but the Dealer checked direct with Audi and it's a mistake, it should say silver.

May help some prospective buyers out there.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hutch, thanks for bringing this error to everyone's attention. (Since there was already an existing thread on this topic, I have merged your thread with that one.)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Aarrgghh!!

Oh no, I have ordered GD on the basis of the info in the brochure as I wanted all black. I have just checked the online brochure on the Audi website and it still says the headlining is black - surely they should correct this now???
I ordered just over a month ago - do you reckon the all black combo is actually available and if so would it be too late to change my order??:confused:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Oh no, I have ordered GD on the basis of the info in the brochure as I wanted all black. I have just checked the online brochure on the Audi website and it still says the headlining is black - surely they should correct this now???
I ordered just over a month ago - do you reckon the all black combo is actually available and if so would it be too late to change my order??:confused:
The best thing I can recommend is that you check with your dealer about that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
OK, I have checked with my dealer in Edinburgh who checked with the main sales office in Germany and interior code GD is definitely silver headlining and not black as stated in the brochure. It is 200 GBP to upgrade to black headlining. I have managed to get my order changed thankfully.

Anybody else who has ordered GD thinking it is black - please beware!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.