Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Under the Volume Settings in my MMI's Sound menu, one of the individual items which can be adjusted--along with things like "Nav guidance" and "Telephone"--is something called "Broadcast Alert". It's the first option in the list, but I don't really know what it does.

I suspect there's supposed to be some sort of feature that interrupts your music with a radio alert when the Emergency Alert System is activated. But I see no other options in the MMI to permit or prevent such a broadcast alert.

So does anyone know about this feature? The MMI manual is not entirely helpful in this regard.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Under the Volume Settings in my MMI's Sound menu, one of the individual items which can be adjusted--along with things like "Nav guidance" and "Telephone"--is something called "Broadcast Alert". It's the first option in the list, but I don't really know what it does.

I suspect there's supposed to be some sort of feature that interrupts your music with a radio alert when the Emergency Alert System is activated. But I see no other options in the MMI to permit or prevent such a broadcast alert.

So does anyone know about this feature? The MMI manual is not entirely helpful in this regard.
Hey Dave,

The new Volvos have the same feature "broadcast alert" and it is supposed to do exactly what you are suspecting: it is supposed to break-in to whatever you're playing (e.g. CD, etc.) and play an "emergency alert system" message in the US (not sure what it's called in Europe) -- my previous Volvo didn't have it ('05 model)..so I guess I'll have to wait for a tornado or the like before I get to prove it. :D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I think in Europe the option is replaced by the Traffic Report option which is a part of the RDS radio standard and provided audio traffic reports that interrupt whatever radio/CD you are playing (if you have enabled them).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts