Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the forum having just ordered my 2.0 S Line. The thing I've noticed trawling the threads is the fact that a huge percentage of owners have chosen black exterior - I've gone for the Brilliant Red just to be a little different - personally I think it suits the A5 perfectly but feel I'm in the minority - is there anyone else out there got a Red A5 and are they happy with their choice?

·
Registered
34 Posts
My S5 is Brilliant Red. At first I thought it was 'too loud' but now I love it. It's quite a head turner.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I also went for the brill red and love it! I was also unsure after ordering as i had not seen one in red but when it arrived i knew it was right choice for me.
I have had lots of people admiring the car and most love the colour. You will not regret your choice.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I also have a Brilliant Red S5...absolutley love the colour. Was a little worried when the car was on its way to London from Germany, but once it arrived:D. The red really shows the lines of the car beautifully and its a total head turner. On my way to work in the morning, i can see about 100 cars slowing down to have look...probably trying to work out which model Audi my car is. Its looks gorgeous when clean and evil when dirty:p

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi Wicksy,you're not far from me,I was in the Wearside Audi showroom on Saturday.They have a red S5 in the showroom,is yours ordered with them? Mine came from Carlisle (bit of a deal):)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Wicksy,you're not far from me,I was in the Wearside Audi showroom on Saturday.They have a red S5 in the showroom,is yours ordered with them? Mine came from Carlisle (bit of a deal):)
Hi AudiLad - seen that one in the showroom opposite the SOL - looks top notch to me - I'm ordering mine with an on line broker - getting around 10 per cent off - thing is I'm not happy with the standard wheels on the S Line - I really wanted those 5 spoke Ys:mad:

·
Registered
113 Posts
thing is I'm not happy with the standard wheels on the S Line - I really wanted those 5 spoke Ys:mad:
They are actually my 2nd favourite wheel :confused: I prefer the 5 spoke Y but after that that standard 5 spoke S-line wheels are prob my favourite (or the S5 wheels) Im not much of a fan af any of the other wheels

·
Registered
209 Posts
Brillent Red = boring

Get Misano Red!!!! my god my car is a beauty!! and the black is awesome inside. I was afraid of my color choices but I couldn't be happier!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are actually my 2nd favourite wheel :confused: I prefer the 5 spoke Y but after that that standard 5 spoke S-line wheels are prob my favourite (or the S5 wheels) Im not much of a fan af any of the other wheels
The standard wheels are ok design wise - they just seem a little too small for the car at 18in.:confused:

·
Registered
174 Posts
You can now get s5 replica alloys, obviously they will not be as good a quality as the originals but are a cheaper option at a later date.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to the forum having just ordered my 2.0 S Line. The thing I've noticed trawling the threads is the fact that a huge percentage of owners have chosen black exterior - I've gone for the Brilliant Red just to be a little different - personally I think it suits the A5 perfectly but feel I'm in the minority - is there anyone else out there got a Red A5 and are they happy with their choice?
We'll keep the red flags flying high

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I dont understand why you cant have the Y's with UK S-Line, US gets the choice. Audi UK will no dout decide to have this as an option in a few months, just to piss a few more people off. Congrats on the order Wicksy, still havnt seen a Brilliant Red A5/S5.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the replies - I feel that I have done the right thing after all:)

·
Registered
953 Posts
I dont understand why you cant have the Y's with UK S-Line, US gets the choice. Audi UK will no dout decide to have this as an option in a few months, just to piss a few more people off. Congrats on the order Wicksy, still havnt seen a Brilliant Red A5/S5.
I agree, I think that Audi UK will relent and allow the 19" Y's to be available on the S-Line. I hope they do, anwyay!

Thanks for the replies - I feel that I have done the right thing after all:)
It looks lovely in red. I've not seen one in the flesh but I have seen an A4 in the same colour and it looked very striking. I think you have made a good choice mate. :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi AudiLad - seen that one in the showroom opposite the SOL - looks top notch to me - I'm ordering mine with an on line broker - getting around 10 per cent off - thing is I'm not happy with the standard wheels on the S Line - I really wanted those 5 spoke Ys:mad:
Do you mind advising which online broker you are using? Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Do you mind advising which online broker you are using? Thanks.
Im using newcar4me.com - its not just their competitive pricing its their customer service - I've found them first class - they have ordered my car but are also letting me revisit the finance deal at the turn of the year because interest rates are expected to drop:)

Let me know if you use them - apparently I'll get 50 quid for recommendations:)

Saving just over 2 grand so not quite the ten per cent I'd previously mentioned but still a good deal imho

1 - 17 of 17 Posts