Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody have any thoughts on the "bright" lights? They don't seem to throw much light down the road, especially at speed. Anyone mounting aftermarket Hellas, etc?
S.

·
Registered
231 Posts
i too feel the lights arnt bright and have a poor range. is it possible to manually adjust the xenon height? on e46 bmw there is a switch on top of each headlamp unit to adjust the height of the bulbs. what can we do?

·
Registered
907 Posts
i too feel the lights arnt bright and have a poor range. is it possible to manually adjust the xenon height? on e46 bmw there is a switch on top of each headlamp unit to adjust the height of the bulbs. what can we do?
I don't know where the adjusters are, but I thought the same when I first got mine. When you first get in the car and turn the lights on you can see them illuminate and then the beam rises up to a set position ( presumably electric motors tilting the lamp or moving the xenon source in relation tot he lens ). So I took it back to the dealer and asked them to adjust set position of the lights up a bit. Not sure how they did it but I guess they just plug in a computer and adjust the "stop" position. It made a worthwhile differnece on my car on dipped beam, but the main beam position now has a tendancy to search for aircraft!! Presumably because the "offset between the two positions remains the same?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I know a fact that US spec lights are not as good as euro spec lights due to DOT regulations (I don't get them sometimes). Switching to Euro lights would make a big difference, IMO, on both reg and bright lights.

·
Registered
907 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that's right about the eurospec. Mine are aimed right, just lame and diffuse at ?? 300 mtrs. What about installing in the dummy plastic air vent area something with some real reach?
S.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't know where the adjusters are, but I thought the same when I first got mine. When you first get in the car and turn the lights on you can see them illuminate and then the beam rises up to a set position ( presumably electric motors tilting the lamp or moving the xenon source in relation tot he lens ). So I took it back to the dealer and asked them to adjust set position of the lights up a bit. Not sure how they did it but I guess they just plug in a computer and adjust the "stop" position. It made a worthwhile differnece on my car on dipped beam, but the main beam position now has a tendancy to search for aircraft!! Presumably because the "offset between the two positions remains the same?
great to know- thanks, my full beam is disappointing atm too. get this done with the advanced key too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts