Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did someone see any tests between Potenza RE070 and 050A? Which one do you suggest for summer tires?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Did someone see any tests between Potenza RE070 and 050A? Which one do you suggest for summer tires?

Thanks
RE070 are far superior to the RE050, the RE070 tyre is an extreme performance summer tyre, these are the tyres that come standard on the new Nissan GT-R, so this actually shows you how good they are as without these tyres the GT-R would not post the times it does at the ring.

The RE050 is basically a step down from the 70s but the tread will last longer as I don't think you get more than 9 - 10,000 miles out of a set of the 70s (very close to track style tyres) where as the 50s you will get a good couple thousand more miles.

I've had the 50s on my A4 and they were very good tyres.

Also something else to consider is that the 70s ar ok in the wet weather but not the greatest, so if it rains very little where you are during the summer then go for them, otherwise I would go with something like Goodyear F1 AS which are excellent tyres.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I had them on my STi and my friend had them on his RS4, and boy do they make a difference. I pulled away from getting them installed and the tires tightened up the steering so much. The best tire I've ever used.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I had RE070's standard on my STi. They were a good tire. However if you are after pure grip the Yokohama Advan Neova tires were amazing. When I took off after putting them on they would toss every loose rock on the road into the wheel wells. This took a couple of weeks to go away. I gained about 10 mph in general sweepers around the house vs. the Bridgestones. The other tires to look at are Dunlop Dirreza Z1 Star Spec. These are going on the MINI as soon as it warms up and we take off the winter tires.

·
Registered
307 Posts
jesus christ I lied sorry. As the above poster stated they came stock on my STi also and I upgraded as did my friend to RE01R's which were much better. I wouldn't consider any other summer tire, a lot of money though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts