Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy guys...

I get my 3.0TDI Sport Quattro Tip the end of the week (it feels like christmas lol!) I can't wait!

Anyway I've owned petrol engines from new, but never a diesel.

Is there any advice that I should follow? Or tips that you would recommend? I've had the usual 'you need to break the engine in' etc but what does that mean in lay terms!!

One person said 'get out there an put 100 miles on straight away down a motorway'

Another 'just ease into the driving, no long journeys with out frequent stops until you get to about 1000miles on the clock'

I'm not going to cain it off the lights - I've never been that type of driver, but I do like the power to overtake quickly (ie going from 50 to 70) - I think that comes from having a bike :)

cheers

Mallory

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I followed the advise from the dealer and a thread on here about varying the rev's over the first 1000 miles but keep trying different speeds.

Now on 2000 miles, 2 weeks in and had a proper go in sports mode at the lights and was shocked at how fast it was unleashed

·
Registered
328 Posts
I followed the advise from the dealer and a thread on here about varying the rev's over the first 1000 miles but keep trying different speeds.

Now on 2000 miles, 2 weeks in and had a proper go in sports mode at the lights and was shocked at how fast it was unleashed

Which advise exactly did you go for?

I can't decide which direction to go...
This one: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17813&postcount=1

Or this: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=46096&postcount=12

They both make sense somehow but still... I think the first one sounds best :confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
My dealer told me just to enjoy the car, but I did get a bottle of complimentary oil to top it up and the advice to make sure I checked it every 600 miles. He said it would use more oil than my old honda, partly because the synthetic oil used in the audi.

Petrol by the way, so may not apply to the diesels?

The only thing, the oil meter shows as full after 1000 miles??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts