Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the A5/S5 have the automatic brake wiping system as found on the A8/A6? Can't recall reading about it anywhere. Was driving down the motorway in torrential rain and hadn't used the brakes for about 60 miles. Some fool pulled out in front of me and when I hit the brakes there was a momentary lack of bite - so I suspect there's no system keeping the pads/discs dry. Or is there?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I didn't read about this on the A5 either... and I have read looooooads!

·
Registered
231 Posts
well i know my S5 defintely has it,

in rain on the motorway you can feel a slight vibration from the brake pedal every so often (which is the same as the sound/vibration when using the hold assist)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i know my S5 defintely has it,

in rain on the motorway you can feel a slight vibration from the brake pedal every so often (which is the same as the sound/vibration when using the hold assist)

Wonder if this is another difference between the A & S - with its uprated brakes?:confused:

·
Registered
43 Posts
disk-wiping feature

In the U.S. the disk-wiping feature, along with vacuum power assist and hydraulic brake assistant comes standard on both the A5 and S5. Probably doesn't help for the U.K. guys, but if other buyers from the U.S. did not know they will now.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
In the U.S. the disk-wiping feature, along with vacuum power assist and hydraulic brake assistant comes standard on both the A5 and S5. Probably doesn't help for the U.K. guys, but if other buyers from the U.S. did not know they will now.
Thanks (and welcome)!

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
The new A4 has it standard apparently. I'd assume the A5 does too.

With the amount of rain we get here, i'd bloody hope so anyway!

·
Registered
536 Posts
On another note, hill hold assist isn't available in the usa.... ugh, so we are stuck with a mock button under the parking break leaver, and there is nothing that can be done about it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes the A5 does have this system (Bosch) provided you have auto wipers set to 'auto' mode, that way the car know's its raining and will dry the discs/pads periodically.

Simon

·
Registered
677 Posts
On another note, hill hold assist isn't available in the usa.... ugh, so we are stuck with a mock button under the parking break leaver, and there is nothing that can be done about it.
True but you can set the parking brake when you have a steep hill to take off from. The brake releases automatically when you apply enough torque and off you go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts