Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I own a 3.0litre A5 TDI Quattor (08) with 40k on the clock. Lovely car.

The last two days when I first get in the car I've had braking problems - even at 20mph I found myself freerolling for 10 metres prior to starting to stop. I opened my bonnet to see my brake fluid container is empty.

I have bought some more brake fluid (dot 5 £6.49 for a litre or so) - is it simply as easy as filling it up here? Will this solve my problem?

Thank you in anticipation for any knowledge you can share!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Get it checked out.. There must be a leak somewhere in the system - very very dangerous!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have mentioned - it only happens on the first main break of each journey - afterwards it has been breaking as normal...

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
You have a leak - seriously get it checked out at a garage or your dealer.

The car is dangerous until this is fixed.

Brake fluid doesn't freeze (not at any realistic temperatures anyway).

Neither does it need topping up in normal circumstances, it is a closed system.

Have you had any work done on your car recently?

There's no history of this being a problem on these cars that I can recall, post back to let us know what it was.

Good luck.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi

I own a 3.0litre A5 TDI Quattor (08) with 40k on the clock. Lovely car.

The last two days when I first get in the car I've had braking problems - even at 20mph I found myself freerolling for 10 metres prior to starting to stop. I opened my bonnet to see my brake fluid container is empty.

I have bought some more brake fluid (dot 5 £6.49 for a litre or so) - is it simply as easy as filling it up here? Will this solve my problem?

Thank you in anticipation for any knowledge you can share!
If your fluid container is empty i would do as the others have told you have it checked out as this is not normal for it to get empty .:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts