Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed after market brake pads, that have less brake dust??

Its such a pain cleaning the wheels almost everyday.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
According to this post, forum member ABenson36 has.

And yeah, I completely agree...it is a major pain having to clean the wheels very frequently.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I was told by my VW dealer that ceramic pads have almost no brake dust. I've searched ceramic pads for a few diferent cars and it's price is similar or in some cases cheapper than regular break pads. Plus they last quite a lot more miles.

·
Registered
463 Posts
here's a ones from a quick search I did (I didn't have much time for more)

hawk

Scroll down to find the A5

$108 - front
$59 - back

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Actually. I've noticed that the massive amounts of brake dust coming from the a5's brakes is only in the first 7k miles or so. After that, i've not been getting much.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Actually. I've noticed that the massive amounts of brake dust coming from the a5's brakes is only in the first 7k miles or so. After that, i've not been getting much.
I wish that was the case on the R32, next time I will try the ceramic pads.

·
Registered
61 Posts
According to this post, forum member ABenson36 has.

And yeah, I completely agree...it is a major pain having to clean the wheels very frequently.

As far as the pads, I thought they had been ordered by Tire Rack, but now from what I understand they are saying that there arent any after market pads for the A5's yet, (at least any brands that they carry). With having WHITE WHEELS brake dust is a huge problem, so as soon as Tire Rack says they get word on some new pads, Ill be all over it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hawk has no A5/S5 pads yet

I think there is agreement that a pad like the Hawk Ceramic is the way to go for reduced dust. However, Hawk does not have a replacement for the OEM A5 or S5. Hence, no hits on the Tirerack or Hawk site.

I spoke with Hawk today and the pads are not in their plans at this time. They have the backing plate templates for the fronts, but have not done any production planning. They were not even very aware of the A5/S5 model. The rep asked if the model would planned to be raced, thinking that would be more of a motivator for Hawk to produce them.

Get the sponges out boys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts