Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So hi guys I'm new here, I recently changed my brake pads like 1 day ago and today I've noticed my brake pedal became very soft at one point and then it was completely dead the next . Can anyone assist me here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Completely dead like no brakes at all? Did you bleed the brake fluids at all? Did you change the rear brakes using a diagnostic tool like vagcom or carista

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Completely dead like no brakes at all? Did you bleed the brake fluids at all? Did you change the rear brakes using a diagnostic tool like vagcom or carista
I only changed the front pads , and no I didnt bleed the system.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I only changed the front pads , and no I didnt bleed the system.
Thats weird. Are you sure you didnt losen the brake fluid drain bolt? Check and make sure they are tight and air didnt get in the system. Also, scan it if you have obdeleven, carista, or vagcom.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats weird. Are you sure you didnt losen the brake fluid drain bolt? Check and make sure they are tight and air didnt get in the system. Also, scan it if you have obdeleven, carista, or vagcom.
I'll do that, thanks. I'll tell u the result.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
So were the brakes working normally after you changed the pads or were they soft on your first drive after changing them?
This is normal until the pads bed in.

What do you mean dead? Pedal to the floor or just no response from the brakes?

Remember to bed them in properly. Only low speed light braking at first. They pedal will become firm again and the brakes bite more once they have done several stops. Try not to do any high speed or heavy breaking in the first 100 urban miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts