Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, no doubt I have the BT set up bet my phone and the car..so, I can make/take calls over speaker system.

However, listening to my Spotify, Pandora or any other app or utilize Alexa(is this possible in car?) requires having another BT connection via the cable in the glove box.

I bought a much cheaper BT fob on ebay that confirmed it's use on my specific model but alas, it just didn't work..so, it's going back.

This leaves me with the distinct impression that a Bovee is really the only choice for this..No?

Also, if I purchase a Bovee fob does this mean that if I also want to listen to my iPod through the car system, that I need to, while making turns, open the glove box and swap out cables..lol. Not such a big deal as back in my day we made similar driving actions by incorporating our knees ;)

But obviously, I'd pull over to swap 'em out but am wondering if there's a simple way to have both showing on the Source menu so I can click on the desired choice at that particular moment.

Any thoughts?

Btw, absolutely loving my new "experienced" car and am astonished at how quick it is.

I'm also really enjoying going Tiptronic Paddles when zipping around the city :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
The bovee tune to air is wireless connection through Bluetooth. You can use your phone for music and still take calls. I do have a second hand tune to air if your interested.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a 2013 Cab (Prem+) with the 3G MMI and I can make/receive calls and play/stream music from my phone without any additional hardware as it is a built-in feature of the 3G MMI (2013+ years). What year is yours? Maybe take Wrightyy up on his offer, or swap up to a 3G MMI. I did a google search and bunches of threads came up about this very same issue - reading through them may bring up some options not discussed here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bovee tune to air is wireless connection through Bluetooth. You can use your phone for music and still take calls. I do have a second hand tune to air if your interested.
Thanks but I bit the bullet and bought one off Amazon and it works fine...appreciate the offer..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2013 Cab (Prem+) with the 3G MMI and I can make/receive calls and play/stream music from my phone without any additional hardware as it is a built-in feature of the 3G MMI (2013+ years). What year is yours? Maybe take Wrightyy up on his offer, or swap up to a 3G MMI. I did a google search and bunches of threads came up about this very same issue - reading through them may bring up some options not discussed here.
Yeah, mine is '12 with the iPod adapter cable in glove box..everything is cool with bluetooth as both my phone and apps like Spotify are working fine thru the car's system..took awhile to get it all together but is sounds great..way better than my iPod thru the system..lol
Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts