Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone else is running a 2.0tfsi auto (quattro) A5 and what sort of MPG you're returning.

Mine struggles to get past about 28mpg, I can get 30 if I run it very carefully.

I cover about 60 miles a day, I'd say about 10/15 of those are on urban streets, the rest are country lanes where I tend to get a decent run of around 50mph.

I didn't expect miracle economy out of it in fairness but I thought mid to late 30's would be about right. I have a 3 litre diesel Range Rover Sport too and that tends to do better on juice than the A5 does.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Yeah they’re not great on mpg. You’re probably in the ball park. I have a B9 2.0 TFSI Quattro which has the 48V mild hybrid system and Quattro Ultra (part time), and doing 35 miles / day on similar roads to what you describe I only get 32mpg in winter and 34mpg summer. On a motorway run to Paris I got 42mpg which I was thrilled about. I’m happy about that for a 252PS car that goes really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah they’re not great on mpg. You’re probably in the ball park. I have a B9 2.0 TFSI Quattro which has the 48V mild hybrid system and Quattro Ultra (part time), and doing 35 miles / day on similar roads to what you describe I only get 32mpg in winter and 34mpg summer. On a motorway run to Paris I got 42mpg which I was thrilled about. I’m happy about that for a 252PS car that goes really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's reassuring, I was worried I was way off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an auto 2.0 tfsi Quattro, highest I’ve had was 36mpg. It does about 31mpg on normal M road driving. Using 99 octane fuel does seem to slightly increase the mpg figure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts