Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanx to Glasgow Audi for a quick fix for this.

Problem here is that the boot/trunk "legs" were catching on the inside lining of the boot, and causing the opening and closing of the boot lid to be "jerky". The problem is worse when you have items in the boot/trunk that are pressing on the very light-weight lining, causing it to lean further in towards the boot's hinges. The entire boot lid would move as if the hinges were loose.

Glasgow Audi fixed this by stiffening up the lining with foam pads (hidden) and filing down some of the plastic boot "legs" (again, cannot be noticed).

I'm sure others will experience this minor problem. The engineer forwarded it onto Audi UK.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've not had that problem and the only time I've had a boot full was driving from Ipswich to Inverkip (not far from Glasgow!). Have to say Glasgow Audi garage looks amazing!

My glovebox has a rattle, but not too annoying at the moment.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Amazing picture. We don't have any Audi dealerships even half as large in the United States. Now on the other hand, we do have very large BMW/Lexus dealers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.