Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I have an issue with my 2017 A5 (b9) sportback , the boot raises to the top of its capable travel but starts lowering slowly, now to the point it is almost completely closed. I have tried resetting it by holding the boot in place and holding the close button for a few seconds. The car beeps and accepts the position but it does not hold when I open it via fob or drivers door. I have taken it to a garage and they have told me the parts alone will be £700 + . Is there anything to try , I cant find a way of tightening the struts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't know if you fixed this, it's been a while. I don't have a powered tailgate but if it has gas struts they probably need replacing. They just wear out after time, usually you'll see some corrosion on the middle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for getting back. I replaced the passengers side strut first hoping that it would only need one to fix the issue. Thankfully the boot is opening and closing without any issue. An expensive repair. Its a pity Audi didn't separate the eclectic part from the gas part so that if the gas part failed then the repair would be less expensive !

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Mate, avoid the official Audi "stealer" network cos they only want to take yer cash!!! Find a good independent and stick with him!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts