Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I think I know the answer here, but I needed to disconnect the battery, and I foolishly forgot to either leave the boot open or drop one of the split fold seats - so now I can't get into the boot to reconnect the battery.

Any clever tips, or am I completely f..ked?

Thanks

Geoff

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are you completely locked out of the car? Might be a case of The AA etc to gain access or if you can open the bonnet you have positive and negative posts on the bulkhead where you can connect to to allow you to open the boot.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Will the key not open the door? The mechanical key inside the key fob. Should open the door mechanically and let you in. Then go through car to the back.

·
Registered
133 Posts
In an A5 the split seat will drop from cabin (no need to open boot).
Lifting boot cover (if battery in spare wheel well) might be awkward from that angle. But all modern cars have mechanical boot releases from inside car (not sure where on A5 though)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi All, and thanks for your comments.

I was confusing myself with the time when I first bought the car and the the key fob had been set up to only open the driver and passenger doors - I had these doors open but had shut the boot with my keys inside a jacket that I had just lobbed in! So I could get in the car but couldn't start it. The AA man did a brilliant job - he spent ages looking at a wiring diagram. then prised open the top rear of the boot and inserted a bladder which he pumped up until he could somehow get hold of the bundle of wires that are on the right side. he cut into the bundle, prised out a skinny little red wire, put a power feed into it, and the boot popped open.

On this occasion I did in fact realise that I might be able to power it up via another car battery, which I did a couple of hours ago.

But thanks again everyone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts