Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone aware of a subtle boot lip spoiler for the A5? I don't mean a 'wing' as such, just a little lip (as fitted to the Aston Martin V8 Vantage).

I think something really subtle that doesn't look like an add-on would enhance the tail-end profile nicely...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yes, the A5 does have a little lip. But, I think prhim's asking about the availability of a small, inconspicuous aftermarket spoiler.

prhim, ABT makes one (if this is the kind of look you're referring to).

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
The A5's trunk lid lip is less aggressive than the S5's. It's subtle, but noticable from the right angles.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Yes, the A5 does have a little lip. But, I think prhim's asking about the availability of a small, inconspicuous aftermarket spoiler.

prhim, ABT makes one (if this is the kind of look you're referring to).
'
...Perfect.

...if you want your A5 to look like a Saab or Rover 600!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
'
...Perfect.

...if you want your A5 to look like a Saab or Rover 600!!
Hey, I didn't say that I liked it ... I'm just the messenger. :D

It's not my style either, actually.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The A5's trunk lid lip is less aggressive than the S5's. It's subtle, but noticable from the right angles.
FWIW, here's my A5 trunk lid lined up right next to sizzle's S5. I took the pic this past weekend, as I was curious about the subtle differences in the look of the rear spoiler. You'll see that the S5's spoiler is definitely more pronounced (which I like).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Incidentally, this is one of my favourite details on this car - the triangle of metal at the back face of the rear wing formed by the top of the rear light cluster, edge of the boot/trunk and the crease running from the corner of the lights. I think it's very Aston Martin in its looks.

Oh dear, is this my OCD rearing it's head again...?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Is anyone aware of a subtle boot lip spoiler for the A5? I don't mean a 'wing' as such, just a little lip (as fitted to the Aston Martin V8 Vantage)
About the only offering I've seen that fits the bill is from Caractere. It's relatively subtle but given that, as discussed, the S5 already essentially has an integrated spoiler, any further adornment is probably superfluous (although I don't think this particular example looks too bad....)

Yup! You read correctly - 'Ess5ive proclaims body adornment as superfluous'. Given my recognised penchant for adding all manner of unnecessary tat to my cars, no doubt that will riase some eyebrows. Maybe I'm maturing? Or exiting my mid-life-crisis?

Discuss.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
so if your exiting your mid-life-crisis you cant be as young as i first thought!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Hee hee! Do I look young on this Forum? Sorry to shatter your illusions Jen but the best years are behind me and I'm patiently waiting to die, the process sweetened somewhat by my car! :)
im going to agree with that and im only 28!! lol

·
Registered
341 Posts
Did you order the blue lights for inside the wheel wells too?

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
FWIW, here's my A5 trunk lid lined up right next to sizzle's S5. I took the pic this past weekend, as I was curious about the subtle differences in the look of the rear spoiler. You'll see that the S5's spoiler is definitely more pronounced (which I like).
I dont know TX they sure look pretty close to being the same....which I like as well.

I think an aftermarket spoiler would kill the cars sleek look.

Just my opinion

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yes, they're pretty close, alta. But in person and side-by-side, you can definitely notice the differences better. As for an aftermarket spoiler, I agree with you about it losing the car's sleek look.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
need to start looking at breakers yards for S5 boot lids ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Did you order the blue lights for inside the wheel wells too?

Does that come with the under carriage neon ground effects package? When is Audi just going to start offering this direct? They know we all want it and will pay mad money for it!

(first one to use an emoticon loses! <- crap maybe that counts!)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.